Thread: Draisaitl

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Draisaitl

He is my 3 year keeper right now, obviously he isn’t a guy I need to shop at this point, I can keep him right down to the wire and will be just fine, but obviously he is in his peak years right now. I know McDavid and MacKinnon type would be the ones to look at if I’m looking for a new 4 yr, obviously they are centre only, Drais has wing for now, but they are all elite guys so don’t think position is as relevant, or I can look at Svechnikov types, but then those deals are a bit more tricky. I like Matthew’s and Eichel as well, they’re ahead of Svech but not at Draisaitl’s level at this point.

In a limited keeper, where do you see Draisaitl value wise in his Age 25 season vs Age 27? Matthew’s is expiring this year, so that team is going to be looking to move him, but if I did try to get a Matthew’s not sure if a 1 v 1 swap would make sense at this point, same with Eichel, not that the Matthew’s one is on the table but the Eichel owner has said he’d move Eichel, but I’ve already got Hall. Maybe once Hall expires or I move him that is more interesting, but I’ve never had a Top 3 keeper so always curious how people manage those type of assets.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Draisaitl

I'd absolutely just keep him and enjoy the elite production of his prime. Don't look to move him for at least a couple years.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    I'd absolutely just keep him and enjoy the elite production of his prime. Don't look to move him for at least a couple years.
    True, when I signed him to 4 I knew he’d be 27 going into his expiring year, so his value will still be massive. He’s not a speed dependant guy or physical, so I feel he’ll have good longevity as long as he stays healthy, but he’s been pretty durable to date, and gets exposure to McDavid obviously. I just think if trade options pop up, definitely have to keep them in mind, because guys always want him, but doesn’t mean I’ll move him

Dobber Sports Pro

A key to owning true top assets is that you never made a "yeah, I guess that's fair" trade to give one up. You make it known in your league that he's amazing and you and everyone knows it, and you won't give him up unless it's an over-the-top offer you absolutely cannot turn down.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Schiefele
    LW - Draisaitl, Fiala, Meier
    RW - ​​Marner, Barzal, Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey, Dunn, Matheson
    G - Skinner
    B - Marchessault, Caufield, Saros

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, Nylander, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel, Pavelski, Duchene, Nyqvist, Rossi
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson, Andersson, Letang
    G - Vasilevskiy, Markstrom
    B - Mateychuk
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies & Hockeys View Post
    A key to owning true top assets is that you never made a "yeah, I guess that's fair" trade to give one up. You make it known in your league that he's amazing and you and everyone knows it, and you won't give him up unless it's an over-the-top offer you absolutely cannot turn down.
    Yeah true, just think those deals can be tricky because were a Keep 4 plus rookie carry over, so say I ask for Svech + J Hughes +1st (example only), well I’ve got other contracts, no one expiring given my current set up so sure I could try to accommodate that and move out a contract, but just saying there are different layers to it. Flipping a Drais for say a McDavid, with maybe a small pick swap is a lot simpler.

And obviously Svech/Matthew’s/Eichel types values will continue to go up, so later on they are tougher guys to acquire, whether it is Draisaitl or lesser assets you’re trying to move. But I guess you cross that bridge when you get there, Drais is going to be a Top 5 guy for awhile yet in my mind, so should get a sweet return either way.

Dobber Sports Genius

In a goal heavy keep four league the top three players to own are McDavid, MacKinnon, and Draisaitl. None of these should be traded. If one becomes available you pounce on that owner before they have time to realize their mistake.

You can’t do any better than owning one of these three players. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"