Thread: Markstrom

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Markstrom

Started him against Leafs last game and tough loss by Flames, think they bounce back or like Toronto again? Markstrom is my work horse, especially with Shesterkin struggling so far. I can save a goalie game, but could totally see the Flames bouncing back, although was a close game so different narrative vs getting blown out.
    Keeper League
    No Salary Cap
    Skt points: A (2), GWG (1), G (3), ShG (1), Hat Trick (1), Overtime Goal (1), +/- (0.5), PPA (0.5), PPG (1), SHA (1), SHG (2)
    Goalie points: A (2), G (10), SHO (4), W (5), OL + ShL (2)
    Keepers: Kaprisov (4 yr), Svechnikov (3 yr), Point (2 yr), P Kane (1 yr)
    C/LW/RW
    Daily
    Starters: C - Horvat, Point, LW - Dubois, Kaprisov, RW - Kane, Svechnikov, D - Montour, Doughty, Skt - Hyman
    Bench: Trocheck, Rakell, Wedgewood, Francouz
    Rookie: Kochetkov
    IR:

Max GP: C (164), LW (164), RW (164), D (164), Skt (82), Goalie (82)
    1 rookie & 3 IR spots
    14 teams (4 keepers/team + can carry 1 rookie over)
    Fantrax

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Markstrom

It was a close game and the Flames were off for 5 days prior to playing leafs.. I think they'll bounceback.

Markstrom has been great for Flames, I wouldn't bench him.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    It was a close game and the Flames were off for 5 days prior to playing leafs.. I think they'll bounceback.

Yeah agreed, if Flames lose they lose, but I’d be more annoyed if I bench him and they win haha. Tor is a strong team but Calg is too, and Markstrom is my top guy at this point. Not to mention Calg will have other tough match ups, so don’t want to play the guessing game constantly.

If there is an obvious fade spot, like say team is struggling/injuries hit, or need to slow my games played pace down, can do that any time. And in a case where I am using a game and I’m stuck between 2 guys just go with better match up, but I definitely trust Marky a lot more atm.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Gotta play your top players.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post

Yep I agree. If he;s your workhorse you can't be questioning starting him vs a team he'll play 7 times.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Gotta play your top players.
    Agreed, I’m overthinking it. It’s 1 thing to do that when you have a goalie on a sketch team, but Calg
    Is solid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yep I agree. If he;s your workhorse you can't be questioning starting him vs a team he'll play 7 times.
    Yeah totally, I think they’ll be fine.

The Great One

If you always start your studs, it'll all be good at the end of the season. This is what I mean by spot starting...applies more in rate stat leagues. Quit analyzing the matchup. Start your clear #1 guy every night he plays and use your depth guys when your stud guy is off. At the end of the season your stats will reflect you confidence in drafting and starting your #1 guy.

Plenty of people probably didn't start Demko last night. Oops. Now if Demko is your #1 guy you have other issues...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    If you always start your studs, it'll all be good at the end of the season. This is what I mean by spot starting...applies more in rate stat leagues. Quit analyzing the matchup. Start your clear #1 guy every night he plays and use your depth guys when your stud guy is off. At the end of the season your stats will reflect you confidence in drafting and starting your #1 guy.

Plenty of people probably didn't start Demko last night. Oops. Now if Demko is your #1 guy you have other issues...
    All good points, I didn’t draft great goalies wise last year, grabbed Bob early, then picked up Samsonov and Shest during season, and Hart was my rookie carry over. I was on pace for goalie Pts record for my league, so my expectations are probably unreasonable lol. Like I have 30 goalie pts in 7 games played, we award 5 for win, + 4 for shutouts and +2 for Ot/So losses. I was sitting at 28 in 5, then started Shest in Pitt and they lost in Ot, then Marky lost last game, but I’ve still crushed overall. I just always feel crappy when my skaters have a crappy night or a goalie loses, but that’s fantasy I guess, lol.

I’m just trying to manage as best I can, all I can do! I think a lot of success is in how you draft, trade, manage waiver wire, etc. You can’t rely on 1 area, I try to be as balanced as I can be.

Dobber Sports Genius

Gotta play him, he’s been stopping all the shots he’s seen and some where you wouldn’t blame him if they went in. In my viewings he’s only been beaten by laser-shots, screens, deflections, and bad bounces off his D. He has been performing up to expectation, no need to over think it.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Pro

Yeah gotta say did play him against Leafs both games and got nothing out of it, they didn’t play as well to start last game. I’m not surprised though, Tor is a tough match up. We are wins, shutouts, overtime and shootout losses league, so sucks the past 3 games I’ve had 1 Ot loss and 2 regulation losses, but I’m still sitting at 30 goalie Pts through 8 starts so it is going well overall. Just finding the divisions my goalies are in tough so going to have to live with that and be smart about stream starts here or there (Ie: got a win/shutout out of Elliott previously and a win from Driedger), but Markstrom is my main guy, so I’ll be playing him a lot.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I think Markstrom & CGY will be fine.
    That said, they've got two coming up against the red-hot Habs...
    Then three against WPG - who is playing well...

Tough opening to season for them - as they don't get Ottawa until late Feb.
    https://www.espn.com/nhl/team/schedu...calgary-flames

Tough division for goalies - lot of offense in the North, not enough defense.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Tough division for goalies - lot of offense in the North, not enough defense.
    So true - It’s the fricking Wild West.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Pro

I’m a bit ahead of schedule on starts, I’ve got Markstrom going tomorrow @ Mtl, other option is Shest @ Buff, but I don’t yet trust Shest, and I’d like to think Calg will get at least a split in Mtl, but who knows which game. Markstrom also seems to struggle a bit more on the road, undecided what I’ll do tomorrow but not against saving a goalie game, we shall see. I’d probably sit Markstrom then he’ll play great and win or something lol. I just want to try and stay on schedule starts wise, but I do think you got to start your workhorse as much as possible, regardless of Match up. I just think I’m at the point where it isn’t a bad idea to slow my starts down a little. I guess doesn’t really matter how you get to 56 gp, but I fuss over it a fair amount as there are lots of fantasy points available.