Thread: Skipping weekly waivers- would this anger you?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Skipping weekly waivers- would this anger you?

My full dynasty league runs weekly waivers except for during the offseason when we go every 2 weeks. During the regular season we run weekly waivers. For some reason, the fella that conducts our waivers announced we would skip waivers last weekend and the waiver order would be set based on week 1's results. So I went from being waiver #2 to #10 since I had a really good first week and beat the worst team in the league. I am going to miss out on a couple players I would have gotten this past weekend if waivers were not skipped on the 2nd weekend of the season. The 1st weekend of the season saw heavy waiver wire action due to IR spots becoming available. Just for clarification, I don't think the owner running waivers is doing this for a competitive advantage for himself or anyone else. So I am looking for opinions to see if my anger is warranted and how it should be handled if at all. Thanks for any opinions.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

Default Re: Skipping weekly waivers- would this anger you?

Makes no sense to me. Either the league is run by the rules or it's not really a league - just amateur hour or something.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Any changes like this should be discussed/announced during the off-season, making changes like this on the fly is no bueno. I would be upset as well.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    My full dynasty league runs weekly waivers except for during the offseason when we go every 2 weeks. During the regular season we run weekly waivers. For some reason, the fella that conducts our waivers announced we would skip waivers last weekend and the waiver order would be set based on week 1's results. So I went from being waiver #2 to #10 since I had a really good first week and beat the worst team in the league. I am going to miss out on a couple players I would have gotten this past weekend if waivers were not skipped on the 2nd weekend of the season. The 1st weekend of the season saw heavy waiver wire action due to IR spots becoming available. Just for clarification, I don't think the owner running waivers is doing this for a competitive advantage for himself or anyone else. So I am looking for opinions to see if my anger is warranted and how it should be handled if at all. Thanks for any opinions.
    Yeppppp that makes absolutely no sense. Did he give a reason?

If on Yahoo, I get if he skipped over doing it last weekend because Yahoo Week 1 just ended this past Sunday. But it doesn't excuse him changing the order.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Yeppppp that makes absolutely no sense. Did he give a reason?

If on Yahoo, I get if he skipped over doing it last weekend because Yahoo Week 1 just ended this past Sunday. But it doesn't excuse him changing the order.

No reason was given.

I understand the reset. You have to reset the waiver order at some point. Maybe you wait a couple weeks till you get a few games in. My whole argument is skipping the week of waivers. I should have gotten 1 more round of waivers at my old waiver position before week 1 was over. At least I think so.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

The Great One

I do know a lot of leagues considered week one to be 13 Jan to 24 Jan. Is that the issue? If so it should have been clear to all participants that that was the case. I'm in a H2H league and we were clearly informed by the commissioner that that is how it would go down.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch