Thread: Want Pulujarvi. Drop one of Couture, Vrana, or Buchnevich?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Want Pulujarvi. Drop one of Couture, Vrana, or Buchnevich?

Am I clouding my judgment here because he's been promoted to EDM top line with PP1? I mean, how long will that last? If I'm being honest I could only picture dropping Couture for him but thought I'd include all 3 options just in case...also have Texier and Gurianov but that would be madness. (Figure Tex could line up with Laine). Points only league...

The Great One

Default Re: Want Pulujarvi. Drop one of Couture, Vrana, or Buchnevich?

I like all three of those guys more than a situationally good JP, and Gurianov seems like he's turning into the real deal and as you say Tex has big upside potential. I'd pass on JP, but if you forced me to drop someone for him it'd be Tex.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Deity

I was excited for Puljujarvi and the promising way he played the other night, but I am not ready to drop more consistent players for him just yet. I might regret saying that, but I also tend to be a bit more conservative on these things.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thx for thoughts guys. I hear what you're saying about Texier but I just picked him up so unfortunately I kind of got to sit on him for a while to see if it pans out with my laine hopes... Im also fully am aware that I'm shooting for the Stars thinking that he might outpoint Couture but Couture has dropped to the second line although that is by no means written in stone or will he stay there. Maybe I'm just looking for an adrenaline rush to pull off a big move....with my pool , I may have one more Day's Grace but he'll definitely be gone by tomorrow morning. Im getting an itchy Couture finger....

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tippet, like McLellan, seems to be really fickle with Puljujarvi. He could get banished to the 3rd line again, even if he has a good game.
    One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark

Dobber Sports Rookie

Agreed. Short leash for sure. I've pulled the trigger though more out of the " fortune favors the bold "and "no risk no reward" philosophy. Admittedly, this could blow up in my face as I'm essentially swapping a known quantity (Couture,) for an unknown one but hey....where s the fun in standing pat, eh???😉😃. Appreciate all the responses gentlemen.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I was excited for Puljujarvi and the promising way he played the other night, but I am not ready to drop more consistent players for him just yet. I might regret saying that, but I also tend to be a bit more conservative on these things.
    agree with this...i think there will become a time when you drop some of these guys for JP but not yet....problem is, when time comes he may not be there anymore guess it depends if you are a gambling man!
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Rookie

For what it's worth EDM plays 4 times this week and SJ 2...of course, Couture will explode for 5 pts in 2:games now 👍👍👍

Dobber Sports All-Star

No way I would drop Couture for Pulujarvi. These kind of moves make you look like a hero when they work, but the problem is it like playing a 2, 7 off suit in hold' em. Sure you could win, but you are bucking the odds and in the long run making plays like this will hurt you in fantasy hockey leagues more than they will help you.

I would have no problem dropping Tex for him though. Tex is as much of a long shot as Pulujarvi IMO. Hell, even dropping Buchnevich would not be too egregious. Just not Couture.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Rookie

I totally hear what you're saying man but I have Couturier on IR and I value him more than Couture ( Wow....that's a lot of COU TOOS there). Tex has LW slot as well and I'm playing a hunch with him so Logan had to go IF I wanted to be stubborn and make this play. Again, I agree that this is probably an unnecessary move but it definitely spices things up nicey nice if it pays off😎😃. I like your poker analogy too but I'd say it's more like 6/7 suited. Genius is off touched with madness apparently lol

Dobber Sports Stud

I dropped Buchnevich to pick up Pulujarvi in my league, the upside is too high to ignore. Let's see if he sticks on the top line.
    Yahoo! 1 year league, 9 teams, Points only [G (3pts), A (2pts), PPP (1pt), Hits (0.1pt) *** W (4pts), Goals Against (-2pts), SV (0.2pt), SO (3pms)
    C: McDavid, Couturier, Kopitar, D.Strome
    LW: Guentzel, Connor, Miller, Kaprizov
    RW: Stamkos, Stone, Teravainen, Tatar
    D: Dahlin, Theodore, Andersson, Dumba
    G: Shersterkin, Talbot

Dobber Sports Rookie

Hmmm...perhaps I was too sticky keeping Buchnevich over Couture?( Very big on him this year) Would u rather have Pulu/ Buchnevich or Pulu/Couture?Points only, bonus point for GWG

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Chuff_Mckinnley View Post
    I totally hear what you're saying man but I have Couturier on IR and I value him more than Couture ( Wow....that's a lot of COU TOOS there). Tex has LW slot as well and I'm playing a hunch with him so Logan had to go IF I wanted to be stubborn and make this play. Again, I agree that this is probably an unnecessary move but it definitely spices things up nicey nice if it pays off😎😃. I like your poker analogy too but I'd say it's more like 6/7 suited. Genius is off touched with madness apparently lol
    Hehe. Agreed. 2/7 off suit a bit of an exaggeration. A 6/7 suited closer to the mark. Pulujarvi has looked good this season. Lots of jump. I like the move, just not for Couture. That said. It is fun to take a chance once in a while. I would just try to limit those lottery tickets
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Rookie

Haha!! Fair play to that brotha! Indeed. I just posted ....maybe I shoulda dropped Buch instead of Couture... positions aside... knowing my tack record I might have pooched that !

Dobber Sports Rookie

Well....off to a rousing start of -2 points 👍🤠. Only consolation is guy who grabbed Couture is pulling up 2 Nd last place. Longish season , I guess we'll see .