Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Kyrou ....who is he?

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Jordan Kyrou ....who is he?

Dynasty league in Sig.

Considering trying my #12 of 18 Waiver position to grab Kyrou who just got dropped by a team over the roster limit.

Just curious if he's the real deal. Is this season so far something we should continue looking forward to? Where do you see him for fantasy in 2-4 years from now? Any player comparables? Will he add any peripherals to his game other than points? Is he worth trying to use waiver position? No guarantee I will get him of course. I expect a few other teams to try at least.

Waiver positions carry over year to year. Was hoping to get it down to like 1-4 Waiver # in order to snag some top end prospects when they are added at end of season, in a year or so. Players taken like this have been Boeser, Middtlestatt, Tolvanen, I think Turcotte, and a bunch of others like that.

Really, I am hoping to grab Nils Lundqvist either at the end of this season or next. As he's in the SHL, which season ends in like March. So whatever year he comes over, he should be added to the system while I can use Waiver.

thanks!
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Jordan Kyrou ....who is he?

It depends. Do you have to drop someone? If so, who are you considering? I like Kyrou and feel he's finally found his way as a full time NHL asset but like any pickup, it's always dependent on who you are dropping to make room for him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It depends. Do you have to drop someone? If so, who are you considering? I like Kyrou and feel he's finally found his way as a full time NHL asset but like any pickup, it's always dependent on who you are dropping to make room for him.
    This is solid advice. The drop will determine whether this is a step forward, going side ways, or perhaps taking a step back.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Icon

Kyrou was the #1 prospect outside the NHL for a while. He's worth grabbing in any type of dynasty league for sure. He has the potential to be a point per game player. I doubt he ever gets more than 0.5 hits per game or even 0.25 blocks per game. He will get lots of shots and lots of takeaways.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ultimately, I would be dropping one of Gudas, Marcus Pettersson, Ferraro, Holl or Sundqvist. Just realized my sig is not totally updated. I have had a few injuries the past 2 weeks. So my IR is full right now and picked up a bunch of temporary players. I don't believe I will have to drop anyone of greater value though. At worst, Vladar or Pelletier next season when they can no longer count for NA.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    Kyrou was the #1 prospect outside the NHL for a while. He's worth grabbing in any type of dynasty league for sure. He has the potential to be a point per game player. I doubt he ever gets more than 0.5 hits per game or even 0.25 blocks per game. He will get lots of shots and lots of takeaways.
    That's kind of how I was thinking. Just wasn't sure if Kyrou seems like someone who could maintain high production or just a young player on a hot streak. But seems like a lot of folks are high on him to ultimately be about a point per game player as you suggest.! thanks
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I would drop any of these guys perhaps with the exception of Gudas who can be significantly valuable in your format. Hopefully the option is still available. Make the pick up.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Immortal

2 goals in the first 2:06 tonight. That's who.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Holy cow what a performance - 2 g 1 a and now 10 points in 8 games. I think it’s safe to say regression is inevitable but is this for real? What’s his ROS projection?

Dobber Sports Initiate

I didn't expect him to take off like this. I made the bet on R Thomas to be the better player. Still think R Thomas will turn it around, but I totally missed on Kyrou. Will be interesting to see how far he can take this.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by loppantorkel View Post
    I didn't expect him to take off like this. I made the bet on R Thomas to be the better player. Still think R Thomas will turn it around, but I totally missed on Kyrou. Will be interesting to see how far he can take this.
    Ya he is having the breakout we all expected from Thomas.

Dobber Sports Veteran

But what about the fact that he is playing under 14 minutes a game? Surely this has to be concerning?
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    But what about the fact that he is playing under 14 minutes a game? Surely this has to be concerning?
    St Louis has a ton of forward depth so I am not too surprised.

Dobber Sports Veteran

I'm not surprised either but when you have one guy playing so well, at least offensively, the least you can HOPE for is he gets 2nd line minutes and 2nd PP duties.
    Head to Head League: 1 point for G, 1 point for A. 2 for Goalie win, 3 for SO.
    Start 6 guys every week. 3 O, 2 D and 1G. No substitutions once they are in (before the first game starts on Monday).
    Protect 3 players every year in keeper.
    10 rounds of drafting
    F: Crosby, Point, P. Kane, JVR, Kopitar, Rakell, Tarasenko,
    D: Letang, Doughty, Karlsson, Grzelcyk, Faulk,
    G: Bob, Shesterkin, Demko, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by baumer View Post
    I'm not surprised either but when you have one guy playing so well, at least offensively, the least you can HOPE for is he gets 2nd line minutes and 2nd PP duties.
    Well he's definitely getting PP2 duties. The overall minutes will come.