Thread: Dubois offer

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Dubois offer

I've made an offer to the GM with PLD.
    It is for my league in signature.

I believe I have made a fair offer, but looking to for othe opinions.
    I have offered 2021 3rd round pick(early in the round), Nikita Gusev and Christian Dvorak for PLD.

I was back and forth over offering Kyrou instead of Gusev or adding Kyrou (or Zadina) as a 3rd piece in the offer. He is in a small rebuild for this season, so that he is in a better situation for next season.

Thoughts?
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Dubois offer

It's not an offer that would pique my interest unless Kyrou is part of it, then maybe. But, you never know what the other towner is thinking unless you ask him.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Hard to say how others think when it comes to trade offers. I can only speak for my own preference. I wouldn't trade PLD for that. Part of it has to do with the fact that it's not just PLD I'd be trading away because I'd have to make room on my roster for the extra asset you'd be moving to me. Maybe he's got some duds and it's not a big deal to drop some players to make room. I don't know that.

To me, this looks like a quantity for quality (not saying the guys you are offering arent decent) type offer and I rarely bite on those unless theres some serious upside with the quantity part. Usually, there isn't. That being said, the only way you'll ever find out is to make the offer and see where it goes.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

Here is a trade I just made for PLD.

PLD/Myers for Necas/Coyle

Settings down below. Myers was just to balance the trade. I will drop him for a free agent.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm wondering what the scoring format here is? I like PDL in a multi cat a bit more than I like him in a Pts only. That obviously drives how much I am prepared to pay. Kyrou, Gusev or Zadina are more one dimensional than PDL IMO, so if you believe PDL will stuff the stats moving two of the three guys mentioned for him is not a bad thing at all. In a pts only I see the return being somewhat diminished.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Jedi

If people think PLD is under appreciated.
    Then poor Dvorak.
    There's a guy ready to bust out.

Gusev 1pt in 6gp. he has little to no value right now. it's hard to sell cold.
    Dvorak use to be a forum favourite prospect - now he holds almost no name value.
    Unless the OGM is real savvy even Kyrou won't get it done.

PLD is 90% of the name-weight of this deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I'm wondering what the scoring format here is? I like PDL in a multi cat a bit more than I like him in a Pts only.
    So this fantasy league is different from what everyone else plays.
    We use all sorts of stats. The obvious ones, but also use minutes played, pp mins and SH mins. Takeaways, giveaways, and sh%. The list goes on.
    All this information is then put into the appropriate formula that we then use to generate the individual cards for each player. Then we use those cards on for our board game. We dress 3 lines, 3 spares and 2 goalies.
    So yes having good multi cat coverage is good. However you want guys who are going to score goals. We all want guys who can reach 30 or more goals.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    If people think PLD is under appreciated.
    Then poor Dvorak.
    There's a guy ready to bust out.

Gusev 1pt in 6gp. he has little to no value right now. it's hard to sell cold.
    Dvorak use to be a forum favourite prospect - now he holds almost no name value.
    Unless the OGM is real savvy even Kyrou won't get it done.

PLD is 90% of the name-weight of this deal.
    This GM in question is fairly well informed. He's been playing longer then myself, and I've been apart of this league and game for 9yrs.

Agree that PLD has the bigger name weight and has put up the better seasons thus far. I drafted Dvorak in his 1st eligible yr and held him since. However his card this season doesn't help me enough.
    But I went with Dvorak because of last season, his start this season and I believe he still has another gear yet to his game and I could see him being a mid 60's pt player. But I am happy to keep Dvorak too.
    Gusev because I think he could have a strong season this year and give him a good card for next yr.
    Part of why I didn't use Kyrou to start is that he's off to a great start and I didn't want him to think that I am trying to sell these 6 games as what to expect of Kyrou going forward.

I can upgraded the pick into the 2nd round, can't give him a 1st rounder. He already has it from our earlier trade.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Axe there is no concerns about having to drop anyone to make this trade occur.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Here is a trade I just made for PLD.

PLD/Myers for Necas/Coyle

Settings down below. Myers was just to balance the trade. I will drop him for a free agent.
    Was that Tyler Myers or Phillippe Myers?

Either way that is a good trade.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Was that Tyler Myers or Phillippe Myers?

Either way that is a good trade.
    Tyler Myers who I might end up dropping. Yeah, I was happy with it. The league has grit stats and I like the prospects of PLD and Ehlers. Hopefully, they get some softer matchups on the 2nd line.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov