Thread: Who to drop/trade from minors

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Who to drop/trade from minors

hey all, I'm in a dynasty team and currently sitting in 5/12. I'm currently trying to compete, just trying to fix my goalie stats and could use an upgrade on defense.

I need to bring up any minor who reaches 60 games played and currently have three who will hit that over the next 10-15 games.

Me team:

Forwards: Backstrom, Vatrano, Garland, Marchand, Hoffman, Toffoli, Yamamoto, Boeser, Kuznetsov, Ovechkin, Dubious, Hintz

Defense: Bear, Chiarot, Carlson, Edler, Marino, Petry, Hakanpaa, Klefbom (LTIR)

Goalies: Korpisalo, Price

Minors: Logan Brown, Protas, Vilardi, Zary, Bellows, Peterka, Tracey, Mercer, Wahlstrom, Niku, Vaakanainen, Texier, Batherson, Gustavsson (G), Oettinger (G), Lankinen (G)

Niku, Texier, and Batherson need to be graduated soon (or traded). I'm a little afraid of losing Texier and Batherson, is it worth it to trade them or should I look elsewhere on my roster? I'm trying to trade Hoffman and Vatrano but no bites. I can drop Hakanpaa (picked him up for banger stats) but don't think Niku will make that much of an impact this season. Does he have that high of a future ceiling?

A3/Blk1/G5/Hit1/SOG0.5/PPP2/SHP3
    GA-2.5/SV0.5/SHO5/W5

Any thoughts on the best way forward?

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Who to drop/trade from minors

So my first option here would be to trade Toffoli (!) for a GK upgrade. Toffoli is at his peak today, or do you see him winning the Hart, the Rocket .... winning teams need better goalkeepers. Toffoli for Varlamov? Do it.

can’t get Varly? Try Fleury. He’s a back-up, has been, but oh yeah - GAA 1.0 and plays in the west.
    CONDORS, 2022-23 league champions, Reg Dunlop Mem Cup

12-team, H2H. Keep 12, but drop 2 of top four skaters, and also 2 of next six, then five more (from end-of-year rankings). One GK max.

Stutzle, Sergachev
    Keller, Doughty, Verhaeghe, ErikssonEk
    E.Lindholm, Barzal, J.Gaudreau, Huberdeau, S. Wright
    Gustavsson

Dobber Sports Deity

No one is going to give up anything of value for guys who are off to cold starts, if you can get anyone interested at all, and clearly right now you can't. You're better of waiting on them.

I agree with the good Dr that selling high on Toffoli is a smart play. See what you can get for him by putting him out to the league to bid on.

Is Klefbom actually taking up a roster spot or do you have an IR that he's on?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed, Toffoli is a sell high option that you could turn into something you need .. like goaltending. Of the rookies you listed, I would hang onto Texier for sure, he is in the big show and contributing nicely. I'm trying to hang onto Batherson as well, in your format he will be a very solid own, if not this year, next. Niku is not getting, nor is he likely to get the ice time this year to be relevant IMO. I also like both Texier's and Batherson's long term value over Niku's. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Jedi

I drop Niku
    Trade Toffoli &/or Backstrom to keep Batherson. I trade the other or drop Vatrano to keep Texier.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Rookie

Klefbom is on IR and we expanded our IR spots for COVID

I put Toffoli out there and will try to target a goalie. My league rarely moves goalies so it’ll probably have to be in a package.

What’s the value of Niku? He’s the first of the three minors I would want to let go, but want to see if I can get some pieces rather than just outright dropping him.