Thread: Drop Sergachev for any of these options? (will gladly rep responses)

Dobber Sports Ace

Question Drop Sergachev for McAvoy or Barrie? (will gladly rep responses)

Hey there, I grabbed Sergachev hoping Tampa would use him more on the PP, and that hasn't really seemed to happen. It's an 18 team league but it's pretty shallow because each team only owns two blueliners, so there are decent options out there.

Note the scoring settings: G = 2, A = 2, +/- = 0.5 (positive or negative, I hate this, but it does add value to guys like Sergachev), and PIM = 0.25

Here are my FA options to replace Sergachev:

- Keith Yandle
    - Rasmus Andersson
    - Rasmus Ristolainen
    - Josh Morrissey
    - Filip Hronek
    - Alexander Romanov
    - Noah Dobson

Thoughts?

I'll gladly rep any responses - thanks for your input!

*UPDATE* McAvoy and Barrie are both now available too. I'm thinking I gotta grab McAvoy, yeah?

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Drop Sergachev for any of these options? (will gladly rep responses)

Not Hronek due to lack of PP usage. Not Romanov, Dobson, or Andersson due to them being rookies, none of whom come in with dynamite offensive prospect pedigree like a Q. Hughes or Makar. And if you're going to drop Sergachev, better to do it for someone with some history and no rookie wall. No to Ristolainen because without hits and with plus-minus, he's not in the conversation.

That leaves Yandle and Morrissey. Yandle comes with the possibility of being traded and thus a role change. If he gets traded somewhere where the power play isn't in great shape or there is already a PP1 dman in place, then his value is damaged. And his plus minus is likely to be a negative.

So you have Morrissey who appears to be in a good spot with Winnipeg's PP1. If you wanted to gamble that he stays there all year, then I'd make the change. If you wanted the safer play, I'd stick with Sergachev. Even with Kucherov's absence, TB will score. Sergachev will probably do something similar to last year. That has value.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Drop Sergachev for any of these options? (will gladly rep responses)

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Not Hronek due to lack of PP usage. Not Romanov, Dobson, or Andersson due to them being rookies, none of whom come in with dynamite offensive prospect pedigree like a Q. Hughes or Makar. And if you're going to drop Sergachev, better to do it for someone with some history and no rookie wall. No to Ristolainen because without hits and with plus-minus, he's not in the conversation.

That leaves Yandle and Morrissey. Yandle comes with the possibility of being traded and thus a role change. If he gets traded somewhere where the power play isn't in great shape or there is already a PP1 dman in place, then his value is damaged. And his plus minus is likely to be a negative.

So you have Morrissey who appears to be in a good spot with Winnipeg's PP1. If you wanted to gamble that he stays there all year, then I'd make the change. If you wanted the safer play, I'd stick with Sergachev. Even with Kucherov's absence, TB will score. Sergachev will probably do something similar to last year. That has value.
    Yeah, thanks. Maybe I'm just overreacting to Sergachev's slow start. I won my first week handily so I likely have some time to be patient I guess.

Dobber Sports Ace

Update - somebody just dropped Barrie, and McAvoy is available now too. I know he's had a slow start, but I gotta take McAvoy over Sergachev, right?