Thread: Lundell + Boqvist Vs. Petry + 1st rnd pick (2022)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Lundell + Boqvist Vs. Petry + 1st rnd pick (2022)

Would you take Petry if you're contending over the next 3 years.

G A Pts SOG PPP Hits GWG

18 Team Keep all

Boqvist is disappointing so far this year. He is lacking poise and strength it seems. Do we see the 20 year old second season player that he is reaching his high offensive ceiling ? Lundell is torching any league/tourney he skates in so the value is there and makes me hesitant to pull on this.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Lundell + Boqvist Vs. Petry + 1st rnd pick (2022)

If you;re contending, yes Petry is a good pickup, but I am not going to judge the future upside of Boqvist on this season at this point. It's still way too early in what is a screwed up year with no training camp. He hasn't even begun to scratch the surface in my eyes.

The 2022 1st round pick is interesting though, especially if you are getting it from a team thats willing to move Petry for youth. That tells me they are rebuilding. Is that a fair assessment?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Fair assessment though the guy does have a young team with plenty of high end talent. The likes of Eichel, Shesterkin, Kaprizov Tarasenko and some good young prospects rounding out with Evander 'Money Phone' Kane could have him in the middle of the pack and possibly higher in 2022. That being said i am inclined to accept provided Petry puts up high end multicat numbers over the next couple years however if its not a clear yes from the boys at dobber my hesitancy remains.

Thanks for the input though Axe, always appreciated.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

A possibility would be a switch of the 2022 pick for Max Domi. Its interesting to me though his inconsistent play doesnt have me too enticed.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    A possibility would be a switch of the 2022 pick for Max Domi. Its interesting to me though his inconsistent play doesnt have me too enticed.
    I think I'd rather have the pick LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Lol you're totally right. Cheers

Dobber Sports Ace

I would keep Lundell and Boqvist. Lundell is probably going to be a stud and worth waiting for. He could start contributing as soon as next season I think, which means you might get like 2 years out of him while you are contending. And Boqvist has made a lot of mistakes. But I honestly like what I see a ton from a talent and skill perspective. I think he's going to be a stud offensive D. He still needs work, but I could see him start blossoming as early as next year. And I think he will be better than Petry long term. There are few D prospects I would want ahead of Boqvist. And they are all like Drysdale, Bouchard, Byrum etc.... He's easily still top 5-10 D prospects .
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Initiate

yeah, that's too muchfor petry in my opinion
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Superstar

When you start projecting out 3 years you are perhaps stretching things a bit. A lot changes in 3 years and that is pretty much guaranteed! If you are absolutely contending this year, and you have determined that Petry is a piece that can push you over the top, then do it. IMO, both Boqvist and Lundell are two years away from becoming fantasy relevant. Again, I don't like to project out 3 years, a simpler and, I would suggest, effective strategy, is to immediately determine whether you are in win now mode or building. That should drive the decision to make this move or not.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    When you start projecting out 3 years you are perhaps stretching things a bit. A lot changes in 3 years and that is pretty much guaranteed! If you are absolutely contending this year, and you have determined that Petry is a piece that can push you over the top, then do it. IMO, both Boqvist and Lundell are two years away from becoming fantasy relevant. Again, I don't like to project out 3 years, a simpler and, I would suggest, effective strategy, is to immediately determine whether you are in win now mode or building. That should drive the decision to make this move or not.
    Well, that's a fair point. But I think you then have to be VERY honest with yourself about your team. And the main question being, does Petry make you a favorite to win? Does he add the specific things you need to put you over the top? Because if you do go Petry, and don't win, in 2-3 years from now you could be kicking yourself really hard if Boqvist and Lundell turn into the players that they seem destined to. These are both very high likely-hood prospects. Meaning they stand a much better chance of reaching their high potential than many other prospects. I think there is a higher chance of them succeeding than busting, all though both are possible. But that to me is VERY different than dealing with prospects who might be bigger long shots. Players like Sanderson, Quinn, Lapierre etc.... As far as prospects go, Boqvist and Lundell are near as safe as can be. Not quite as safe as guys like Lafreniere, Drysdale, Stutzle..... but probably just a tier below in that regard. And yea, no prospect is 100% guaranteed. But they do come with different levels of risk. And these two, in my estimation are fairly low risk at this point.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Well, that's a fair point. But I think you then have to be VERY honest with yourself about your team. And the main question being, does Petry make you a favorite to win? Does he add the specific things you need to put you over the top? Because if you do go Petry, and don't win, in 2-3 years from now you could be kicking yourself really hard if Boqvist and Lundell turn into the players that they seem destined to. These are both very high likely-hood prospects. Meaning they stand a much better chance of reaching their high potential than many other prospects. I think there is a higher chance of them succeeding than busting, all though both are possible. But that to me is VERY different than dealing with prospects who might be bigger long shots. Players like Sanderson, Quinn, Lapierre etc.... As far as prospects go, Boqvist and Lundell are near as safe as can be. Not quite as safe as guys like Lafreniere, Drysdale, Stutzle..... but probably just a tier below in that regard. And yea, no prospect is 100% guaranteed. But they do come with different levels of risk. And these two, in my estimation are fairly low risk at this point.
    Absolutely! When you decide to make a move like this you better be damn sure that your chances of winning are good, very good, you must be deadly honest when evaluating your team and the competition. If you have some doubts, walk away. However, if you are really liking your chances, doing what you need to do to win is not a bad thing as long as it's "within reason". Losing solid rookies like Boqvist and Lundell is IMO a reasonable price to pay to win a championship. If we are talking Lafrernier, Stutzle, elite prospects, then you may have crossed the "within reason" line. Finding the right balance between the now and the future is critical for long term success in fantasy hockey for sure.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf