Thread: Who to drop for Heiskanen?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who to drop for Heiskanen?

Looking for a little advice as to who I should consider dropping for Heiskanen as he was recently dropped in my league. I would also have to let Kapanen go off the NA to make a claim.

Appreciate any thoughts!

1-year 12 team H2H (weekly roster set) with the following categories: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, PIM, SOG, W, SV%, GAA, saves. We start 1C, 1RW, 1LW, 1F, 4D, 5Util, 2G.

My team is:
    C - Eichel
    RW - Guentzel
    LW - P Kane
    F - Zibanejad
    D - E Karlsson, Barrie, Ekblad, Ellis
    Util - Konecny, Bjorkstrand, E Lindholm, J Anderson, Ehlers
    Bench - Provorov, Buchnevich
    G - Korpi,
    Merzlikins, Markstrom, Gibson
    IR/NA - Kapanen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Who to drop for Heiskanen?

You're weirdly in a bad position to make moves right now. Your team is very deep, cause pretty much all your guys are not really droppable, which is a good thing. Issue is there isn't much flexibility to make moves.

If I'm in your position I would start offering trades to clear up some space. 2 for 1 deals, 3 for 2, etc. I don't know how you pickup Heiskenen without a risky drop like Barrie. Or Bjorkstrand/Buchnevich if you want to run 6D. I'd really look into trading to clear up space. Carrying 4 goalies with those goalie stats seems like a mistake to me

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Who to drop for Heiskanen?

Thanks for the response- I totally agree. I've been feeling the lack of flexibility lately and as some good players are hitting the wire I'm almost handcuffed to make any moves right now.

I guess ones possibility is just dropping Elvis. On one hand, I drafted the CBJ duo to have the flexibility of playing them both, somewhat sacrificing the volume G stats and aiming for good percentages. But it's seeming more like volume may be the way to go and Gibson is doing great in that respect. It seems like CBJ are going 50/50 so far instead of running the hot hand.

Do you think having both Elvis and Korpi is a mistake given the weekly line set up?