Thread: Would you make these moves?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Would you make these moves?

For cap league in sig. We have 10 moves during the season for FAs. Already used 2 (1 for Batherson and 1 for Kucherov who was dropped)

Would you use 2 FA moves to make this happen?

Drop : Zadina and Beauvillier
    Pick-up : Nolan Patrick (or Kyrou) and Ehlers

That would put me right against the cap so would limit me if injuries occur. Also Pastrnak would only be able to be brought up in place of McDavid, Eichel or Crosby.

I'm really hesitating on this one so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Would you make these moves?

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    That would put me right against the cap so would limit me if injuries occur. Also Pastrnak would only be able to be brought up in place of McDavid, Eichel or Crosby.

Thanks.
    Being right up against cap is bad; not being able to use your best lineup is also bad. If you really want Ehlers, you need to find a different way that cuts more salary.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'd be standing pat. I don't see Patrick or Kyrou as an improvement on Zadina or Beauvillier, sideways at best and your burning two more of your FA allocation. Ehlers is a completely different story, but as stevegamer already pointed out, you have some serious work to do to make room for his 6 Mil Cap Hit if you want to add him. Not sure who I would drop to make that happen, nothing stands out for me, but that's what you need to look at hard to determine if it makes sense to pursue that. Again, I'd be inclined to stick with what I already have and wait for a better opportunity to come along.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks guys. After sleeping on it and seeing your comments I'll hold for the time being. Now all I have to figure out is how to bring up Pasta when he returns.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Of course Beauvillier goes on IR a few hours after someone picks up Kyrou...