Thread: Kravtsov vs Dellandrea

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Kravtsov vs Dellandrea

League in sig

Which of these two do you think is a better own?

Kravtsov is in KHL atm, had a real hot start but has slowed down a lot, from what I've read he doesn't seem to be a play driver at all, has loads of skill but needs somebody to be a catalyst in order to use it to it's full potential.
    Plus Rags are log jammed at wing right now with Panarin/Laff/Kreider/Buch/Kakko all clearly ahead of him.

What do you guys think of their short-term future (this year and next) and long-term 2-3+ years from now.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Kravtsov vs Dellandrea

I think Kravtsov is the better own here. You have to think the Rangers will either make room for him in the lineup or move him when he's ready for prime time. You could argue that Dellandrea has the clearer path right now but I think Kravtsov will be the better player whether it's in New York or elsewhere.

Dobber Sports Star

Kravtsov has the higher ceiling, so I'd go with him.

Dobber Sports Deity

Dellandrea is off to a pretty good start with the Stars as far as opportunity goes. The offense isn't there yet but you have to think that's just a matter of time. I do think Kravtsov has a higher ceiling but runs a higher risk with more competition in front of him too.

https://twitter.com/MDeFranks/status...97121055383552

Stars forwards that played more than Ty Dellandrea's 18:53 tonight:
    Joe Pavelski 20:20
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Well it's not like we haven't seen this kind of "problem" before. The offensively gifted Russian playing in Russia vs the less gifted North American prospect already playing in the NHL. I agree, Kravstov has the higher ceiling. However, as others have said, the road to the NHL and the opportunities that will be available when he gets there are considerably clouded, in short, rolling with Kravstov is a risk. Dellandrea is the safer way to go and from what we have seen so far, there is no reason to think that he will not be a solid fantasy asset down the road. A bird in the hand! I'm taking the surer thing, Dellandrea for me. It all depends on your appetite for taking on some risk.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kravtsov has upside.
    But Dellandrea is a super, duper solid player.
    He's going to put up points... and I'm more sure in him than Kravtsov.

He's also super good on the dot, an excellent two-way forward.
    Coaches are going to love him... and that'll equal TOI. (as seen above).

One of my favourite reads of the year is the OHL Coaches pool.
    And Dellandrea won https://ontariohockeyleague.com/arti...s-poll-winners.

He's not sexy... but solid gets a lot of players (including Pavelski) very, very far in their careers.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Thanks for the replies everyone, I ended up dropping Kravtsov and adding Dellandrea. Scoring wings are easier to come by in my league then top six centers with good multi-cat abilities.
    Figure at best Kravtsov might become a 70+ point scoring wing vs Dell, a 50-60 point 2nd line center, who takes a lot of draws and is just good all around. At worst, Kravtsov doesn't put it together and bounces around the league before bolting back to KHL, Dell looks at worst a solid third line center.
    Besides...I might have a Russian problem...Panarin, Kaparizov, Buchnevich, Shesterkin, Sorokin lol
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov