Thread: Young star put on the block. I made offers.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Young star put on the block. I made offers.

League in signature.

Larkin was made available by a mid-ranked team.

My offers were:

Offer 1 - Wheeler, Slavin and Kakko
    Offer 2 - Wheeler, Kakko and 4th
    Offer 3 - Wheeler Tomasino and 3rd
    Offer 4 - Kakko, Tomasino and 2nd

I can’t keep Kakko after 83 games as a minor, doesn’t produce enough to take a pro spot and he isn’t good enough to take over for my current 8 keepers.

Edit: He has already declined offers 2 and 4, but said he would counter 1 and 3. He said he wants keepers and picks.

Am I on the right track? Can you see anything else I can do?
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    4C~4LW~4RW~6D~2G~4 Reserves
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR
    10 Minors = Skaters <83 GP & Goalies <51 GP
    Categories: G~A~P~PPP~SOG~FOW~+/-~Hits~Blk~W~Svs~S%~GAA

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    LW-B.Tkachuk~Kaprizov~E.Kane~Pacioretty
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala
    D-Makar~Fox~Dahlin~Bouchard-Hamilton
    G-Hellebuyck~Shesterkin~Ingram

MINORS:
    Forwards-Rossi~Pelletier~Holloway~Marchenko
    DMen-B.Clarke~Nemec~Nikishin
    Goalies-Wallstedt~Wolf~Dostal

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Young star put on the block. I made offers.

I know it sounds crazy, but I might be considering keeping Lafreniere or Kaprizov instead of either Kane or OVechkin. Well, only because what are the chances you will be able to get other young players of that caliber to replace them when they actually retire? Ovi is like 35. Kane not quite that old... But since Lafreniere isn't producing now that could hurt your chances this year. All though Kaprizov is producing, so maybe trading Kane for Larkin + ? Same with Carlson because you have Makar who I would personally want to keep long term. Just a thought.

Regarding Larkin. I don't quite see him as a keeper either right? So this would be for this year only? In which case, not such bad offers. I would try to avoid giving up any minors prospects like Tomasino or draft picks since you can keep those beyond the 9 keepers and minor system. And normally I would not think these are good offers, but if you can't keep them, I guess everything is in order to win now? In which case, would it be possible to do something without Wheeler?

I would be trying to move any of the big name young guys that you CAN"T keep. At least the one's that aren't producing (except for Lafreniere). Kaprizov is producing and looks like he wont have many growing pains which is nice. But like Kakko is definitely ok to move in this situation. In which case, I might honestly try to move Kane or Carlson. If you move Kane you can then keep Lafreniere or Kaprizov. And if you move Carlson, you can keep Makar. And Makar is SO good, I would be trying to hold on to him long term. Lafreniere is tough because he isnt producing and theoretically can still bust.... but thats a tough one to drop. Kaprizov actually is producing though and I honestly see him as a 100 point potential guy eventually. Very tricky league you are in.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    I know it sounds crazy, but I might be considering keeping Lafreniere or Kaprizov instead of either Kane or OVechkin. Well, only because what are the chances you will be able to get other young players of that caliber to replace them when they actually retire? Ovi is like 35. Kane not quite that old... But since Lafreniere isn't producing now that could hurt your chances this year. All though Kaprizov is producing, so maybe trading Kane for Larkin + ? Same with Carlson because you have Makar who I would personally want to keep long term. Just a thought.

Regarding Larkin. I don't quite see him as a keeper either right? So this would be for this year only? In which case, not such bad offers. I would try to avoid giving up any minors prospects like Tomasino or draft picks since you can keep those beyond the 9 keepers and minor system. And normally I would not think these are good offers, but if you can't keep them, I guess everything is in order to win now? In which case, would it be possible to do something without Wheeler?

I would be trying to move any of the big name young guys that you CAN"T keep. At least the one's that aren't producing (except for Lafreniere). Kaprizov is producing and looks like he wont have many growing pains which is nice. But like Kakko is definitely ok to move in this situation. In which case, I might honestly try to move Kane or Carlson. If you move Kane you can then keep Lafreniere or Kaprizov. And if you move Carlson, you can keep Makar. And Makar is SO good, I would be trying to hold on to him long term. Lafreniere is tough because he isnt producing and theoretically can still bust.... but thats a tough one to drop. Kaprizov actually is producing though and I honestly see him as a 100 point potential guy eventually. Very tricky league you are in.
    I appreciate the long post...but I can already keep Lafreniere and Kaprizov as they will be under 83 games. Sorry, but it does say that in my signature.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Genius

He’s sending his counters today.

Wheeler’s 3 points last night might be my last...
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Administrator

Doesn't seem like Larkin would be a keeper for you. I don't think he's an upgrade on Wheeler for this year, so I wonder what the point is?
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by metaldude26 View Post
    Doesn't seem like Larkin would be a keeper for you. I don't think he's an upgrade on Wheeler for this year, so I wonder what the point is?
    I need the FOW. I get younger and Larkin has a better name for when I trade him in the offseason. Kakko isn’t good enough after his 83rd game for me to waste a pro-spot on him.

Larkin should be right there with Wheeler all year in our format with Wheeler having the slight edge.

I don’t know. I thought my offers were solid.
    12 Team H2H Keeper
    3 FA adds per week
    8 Keepers~10 minors
    IR

C-Barkov~Zibanejad
    C/RW- Reinhart
    RW-P. Kane
    LW/RW-Svechnikov~Fiala

MINORS:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd say Larkin has a worse name, but a better age.

If it's wheeler, Kakko and a 3rd, that may work.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.