Thread: Necas vs Hoglander 2 year outlook

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Necas vs Hoglander 2 year outlook

Offer of Hoglander and a 2nd for my Necas.

Am I crazy to think Hoglander has a clearer top six and PP1 in vancouver than Necas in Carolina with a tad more upside?

G A P SOG PPP GWG Hits

Cheers fellas Happy Saturday
    18 team Dynasty Head 2 Head - 25 man Roster - (Keep as many as you want)
    G A P PPA PPG HITS GWG SOG
    W SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Necas vs Hoglander 2 year outlook

Tough one. I really love Necas. I am a bit worried though as he hasn't looked so hot so far this season. He did take a huge leap last year though. Could be a kind of sophomore early slump. I still think Necas has the talent to be a stud though. Obviously Aho and Svechnikov are going to be their top 2 offensive players for a while. A line of Svech/Aho/Necas could be devastating to other teams though. Like having too absolute physical beasts with huge offensive potential on either side of Aho, scary.

Hoglander looks terrific. And you would be getting that 2nd. As good as Hoglander has been and as NHL ready as he is, I question his ultimate ceiling. I still think he has a high ceiling, but perhaps more of a 2nd line player than 1st. Especially with Miller and Boeser around. Necas has similar road blocks in Carolina, but I do think Necas has the higher ceiling of the 2 also.

One advantage I think Hoglander has is that Nucks have both Pettersson and Horvat. So No matter which line he ends up on he will have a terrific Center along side him. And also, since your league has HIT, that would benefit Necas more as I see him being that physical type of player, where Hoglander is more finesse with some grit. I don't think your assessment is far off. And yea, Hoglander has the clearer path to top 6, he's all ready in the top 6. But Necas I think has a better chance of being an actual first line player with a higher ceiling.

Ultimately, I think the trade is absolutely FAIR. It really just depends on which player and which situation you prefer and would rather own going forward. Also, it partially depends on who you might be able to get with that 2nd Round pick. If top prospects are usually still available in your 2nd round, that would be tempting to me. For instance, guys like Drysdale, Perfetti, Tomasino etc... went in the 2nd round of our rookie draft the past 2 years. So a 2nd being added on his nothing to sniff at. A combo of Hoglander and Drysdale or Tomasino is definitely worth trading a Necas for depending on the situation.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Excellent feedback my man thank you. Yea im torn so ill be declining. I do like that possibility of seeing Necas on the top line his upside is higher i believe as well.

That being said with the uncertainty of Hoglander i think im gonna pass barring my guy Dobber or Axe coming in here screamin pull it lol

🍻

Dobber Sports Apprentice

He snapped back with an offer of Krebs for my Necas. Faack if Krebs was gauranteeed 1st line center in Vegas id be sold.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by TheBadger View Post
    He snapped back with an offer of Krebs for my Necas. Faack if Krebs was gauranteeed 1st line center in Vegas id be sold.
    Don't know much about Krebs honestly. But I don't think Glass is looking like the player I and many others thought he would be. I was almost certain he would be their 1st line center by now, but he just hasn't looked the part. I would think Krebs, if he meets his potential, would be destined for that roll. But that's just a guess. Vegas is one team I don't follow quite as much, or at least, haven't been paying that much attention to their prospects. All though they got the guy I really wanted the Rangers to get, instead of Trouba, that being Pietrangelo. Ugh. They got a steal there.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm a big fan of all of the players listed but I prefer Necas to all of them. Both Necas are Hoglander are 2nd line guys and PP2 short term. Yes, Hoglander was PP1 but that's because Miller was out. Hard to say where Krebs lines up once he gets in there.

None of us own a crystal ball but I just feel Necas has a better upside for future production than Hoglander or Krebs.

Very fair offers but my preference would be to hold Necas here. His slow start to the season does not have me worried in a keeper league.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."