Thread: Adam fox or Letang points only

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Adam fox or Letang points only

I play in a very small cap league, we have certain categories of players, one being picking 2 dmen under 2m but have to be over 23, my dilemma, Adam fox is sitting there at 775k but doesn't turn 23 for 3 weeks, so should I drop Letang for Adam fox, at a cost 775k then when fox turns 23 I put him in for Ethan bear on my 23 or over budget player and pick up someone like klingberg to fill the leta G spot vacated by fox , also to note we have 30m to spend all season on trades, I'm just worried as another owner has Tony d and may not be long until he thinks about selected Adam fox as a straight swap for Tony d and fox at 750k is a steal, I really need to sure up my budget dmen as I currently only have bear and marino, so in summary fox in for Letang for 3 weeks, then switch fox onto my budget roster spot and drop bear and also add in klingberg, I guess what I'm saying Letang and bear out klingberg and fox points only, if fox was 23 now and switch him just in for bear but that category the player has to be 23 or over, and if someone else pick up fox now that's him gone, in total it will cost me 5m to make that switch klingberg 4.25 fox 775 k, ideally I'd just spend 77k on fox in 3 weeks for bear but may need to get him now, I'm not sure he stays top pp but that doesn't matter, he's still gonna outscore bear

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Adam fox or Letang points only

Thats a complex situation. Letang, aside from injury, would be my pick for this year at least, but Fox is going to be a terrific player.

The one thing that I would keep in mind with Fox is, for the next season or 2 he is going to put up 40-50 point pace probably. But in 2 or 3 years time, Fox won't be the best D on the Rangers. That will likely be Nils Lundqvist who will also likely be the long term PP1 QB on the Rangers and their top minute D. Fox, as good as he will be, likely will be playing 2nd fiddle to Lundqvist. And Fox I expect will be the PP2 QB. And then the Rangers also have Miller, Robertson, Reuinanen coming up, all of whom might demand some PP time. They will have Schneider and Lindgren chewing up minutes as defensive D's. All though Schneider does have a booming shot on him, which could make him a better offensive player than I am thinking right now. And then they have to deal with Trouba and DeAngelo. DeAngelo is pretty worthless without getting the lions share of the PP time. So I think DeAngelo will be gone from the Rangers within 2 years if not sooner. He needs a team that wont have so many other D's in need of PP time. And Trouba, who I think is overrated and overpaid, might still be with the Rangers too. My hopes is that they eventually trade him, but that might not be as easy as it sounds with his contract. So yea, I love Fox. But he will have too much competition for PP time, reducing his fantasy appeal for my blood. And then, he probably won't even be the top offensive D on his own team.

At least, that is how I see the future playing out for Fox and the Rangers. If this was Nils Lundqvist instead of Fox, I would say do it right away and don't look back.... but unfortunately..... Fox just happens to be on one of the few teams with absolute defensive riches in the pipeline. Still going to be a top NHL player. But I think too many things will hurt his fantasy production long term.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Adam Fox's hockey IQ is off the charts and I see him in command of the PP1 for a long time. Don't get me wrong, as a Rangers fan, I'm pretty excited about what Lundkvist has shown us recently. (His shot is insane!!) But lets wait and see how it translates to the NHL. To me, Fox is the real deal, not a lot of Dmen out there can see the game like he does, and that is gold!

I'd be willing to take Fox in your situation. Point wise, he'll be really close to Letang this year, and you'll LOVE your move next year! If I had the chance to swap my Letang for Fox, it would be a no brainer.
    12 teams - points only, keep all

20 players ( 8 FWD - 4 DEF - 2 GK + BENCH)

FWD
    Kucherov
    Kuznetsov
    Crosby
    Kane
    Lindholm
    Aho
    J.Hughes
    Landeskog

DEF
    Hamilton, Jones, Montour, Letang

G
    Markstrom, Grubauer

BENCH
    Glass, Gustafsson, Tolvanen, Andersson, Levi

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Hmm. The drop from Letang to Klingberg is significant, but the upgrade from Bear to Fox should be as well.

I'd be willing to do it, but as you say, ideal would be to get Fox in 2 weeks.

Who do you have to drop beside Letang, as he simply can't be your best drop option.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Our league is a made up set up, our defence is made up of 7 dman

4 all star (so anyone you want)
    2 budget dmen (we have 9.5 m to buy 2d and 2 f but they have to be 23 or over
    1 rookie, we draft 4 rookies every year from the nhl draft

For my 9.5m I got bear, Marino, zibinajd and kaprizov

So I have

Letang
    Burns
    Hamilton
    Riley
    N
    Bear
    Marino
    Quinn hughes

Only a 4 player league hence the strong dmen options.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_pro_mason View Post
    Adam Fox's hockey IQ is off the charts and I see him in command of the PP1 for a long time. Don't get me wrong, as a Rangers fan, I'm pretty excited about what Lundkvist has shown us recently. (His shot is insane!!) But lets wait and see how it translates to the NHL. To me, Fox is the real deal, not a lot of Dmen out there can see the game like he does, and that is gold!

I'd be willing to take Fox in your situation. Point wise, he'll be really close to Letang this year, and you'll LOVE your move next year! If I had the chance to swap my Letang for Fox, it would be a no brainer.
    I agree with this . I’m a huge Fox fan !
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Grand Master

So really, you could drop Letang and maybe get him back - interesting.

I'd try and get Fox, but I'm not sure Letang is the drop. See what the schedules look like for the period until you can make the follow-up move.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Fox was the 11th best dman in our goal heavy plus minus league last year. Ahead of Letang. Not much to not like about this kid Fox!
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fox + Klingberg vs. Bear + Letang ?

Kling - Letang is very close for points. Fox miles ahead of Bear........MILES.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4