Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Laine for DuBois

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: [TRADE] Laine for DuBois

Quote Originally Posted by Rato View Post
    Thanks. I guess he'll get top line role but he'll have to deal with Tortorella. Not sure if it's a good deal.
    Sometimes it's the devil you know LOL
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

Am I the only one who thinks Winnipeg got absolutely hosed on this one?

I'm not the biggest Laine fan, but I'm shocked Winnipeg couldn't get more than Dubois for a 23 year old elite goal scorer... in fact they gave up Laine PLUS! Madness lol

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I'm not the biggest Laine fan, but I'm shocked Winnipeg couldn't get more than Dubois for a 23 year old elite goal scorer... in fact they gave up Laine PLUS! Madness lol
    No, you're not the only one. There's plenty who agree with you.

Personally, I think it was pretty equal trade and quite possibly a win for Winnipeg but time will tell.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by shekhu20 View Post
    I was waiting to see if Laine trade would finally open up things for Ehlers....and I'm not so sure.

Did we think Ehlers would get a PP1 spot because of Laines recent injury? Yes. But we were wrong, it was Stastny that got onto PP1.

Now with Dubois on the team, I see him bumping Stastny off PP1. And Ehlers still languishing on PP2.
    Damn, you're right. hadn't paid close enough attention till tonight.
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

I'm not sure what you were expecting they could fetch. Don't we all agree PLD is an elite C?

Dobber Sports Deity

I'm not sure what you were expecting they could fetch. Don't we all agree PLD is an elite C?
    No, PLD is not an elite center. He's a top line center but he's no where near elite. Connor McDavid is an elite center.

Dobber Sports Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    No, PLD is not an elite center. He's a top line center but he's no where near elite. Connor McDavid is an elite center.
    thank you Axe! I had this same conversation with someone on Twitter who said PLD is elite. I then gave the definition of elite to the person and PLD doesn’t fit the term, not close. 8 like PLD a lot but he isn’t elite.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I like how you both completely dodged my question to have a discussion on the definition of the word elite. Nice.
    So I'll rephrase it, for the ones claiming Winnipeg sold low on Laine what would be a fair return for him?

Dobber Sports Deity

I like how you both completely dodged my question to have a discussion on the definition of the word elite. Nice.
    So I'll rephrase it, for the ones claiming Winnipeg sold low on Laine what would be a fair return for him?
    I didn't dodge your question at all. Your question was Don't we all agree PLD is an elite C? I answered it with a pretty direct answer.

Is your new question fantasy related or real life?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I didn't dodge your question at all. Your question was Don't we all agree PLD is an elite C? I answered it with a pretty direct answer.

Is your new question fantasy related or real life?
    It’s weird people think Laine is an elite winger and Dubois is not an elite center. I’m fine accepting that to be elite you have to be a top 10C, but then you naturally have to apply that to Laine as well. Their either both elite, or they both aren’t. They’re comfortably both top 30 at their position. Laine has a better shot, Dubois drives play more.

I just really can’t understand the thinking that Winnipeg got hosed here, other than people really overrating Laine or underrating Dubois. Is it the Roslovic thing? Because Roslovic is likely not an NHLer, or if he is he tops out at a fine, non-impact bottom 6 player. That’s worth about a 3rd round pick.

The Great One

Roslovic has looked like a bottom 6 F because that’s the role he was put in in Winnipeg. In playing with that bottom 6 talent he has maintained respectable break even possession numbers. His best overall season with Winnipeg he still only averaged 9:45 TOI. So we have no idea what he is really capable of. He’ll be given a bigger role in Columbus and I think he’ll be better than you expect.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    It’s weird people think Laine is an elite winger and Dubois is not an elite center. I’m fine accepting that to be elite you have to be a top 10C, but then you naturally have to apply that to Laine as well. Their either both elite, or they both aren’t. They’re comfortably both top 30 at their position. Laine has a better shot, Dubois drives play more.

I just really can’t understand the thinking that Winnipeg got hosed here, other than people really overrating Laine or underrating Dubois. Is it the Roslovic thing? Because Roslovic is likely not an NHLer, or if he is he tops out at a fine, non-impact bottom 6 player. That’s worth about a 3rd round pick.
    I'm on the side that thinks Winnipeg actually won this trade.

Dobber Sports Master

I did not like Dubois's interview last night on HNIC. A flat out liar as far as I could tell. Dodged every question, super nervous (obviously, that's ok), but what I didn't like is that he didn't come across honest one bit.

I think both teams lose this trade, because neither player will re-sign. Chevy pretty much said it in his interview, but the Jets' window is now. They need to win now and so they have a good player for two years instead of one. They like their wingers and think they can win without Laine. Calculated risk since I think we're in this divisional realignment for 2 seasons and not one, so they like their chances better this way and I almost have to agree..

But this is turning into the NBA with these player attitudes and demands at this age.. So situations like this will only become more common and I think it sucks.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Yeah, i think Winnipeg got the better end of the deal.. Neither are elite..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post

The way I see it is Laine can score 50 or more goals in a normal season and dubois can't hit 80 pts as a 2nd line center. Elite 50 goal scorer vs very good 2nd center....i hope it works out for both teams.

And if anyone questions Laine eliteness, he scored 36goals as a rookie and 44 goals in his 2nd year playing with jacksheet! Anyone that says he s not elite, give your head a shake.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson