Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: [TRADE] Laine for DuBois

The Great One

Default Re: [TRADE] Laine for DuBois

I don’t know what Ohio’s rules are right now. If either player (Roslovic or Laine) has already had it and can show proof they don’t have to quarantine. To enter they have to show proof of a negative test within 3 days of travel. Otherwise it’s up to the state they are going to far as quarantine

And then whatever the NHL requires
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Master

do both laine and dubois want to play in a ''bigger market'' though ?

maybe the winner of the trade could be gauged in a few years when / if either of them sign long term while the other whines his way to another trade

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    do both laine and dubois want to play in a ''bigger market'' though ?

maybe the winner of the trade could be gauged in a few years when / if either of them sign long term while the other whines his way to another trade
    I can definitely see it happening with Laine.

Dubois getting to be in Canada could sway him.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm just pumped as an Ehlers owner, the path has officially been cleared for take off.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I'm just pumped as an Ehlers owner, the path has officially been cleared for take off.
    Woohoo! Own him in the Dobber league.

Dobber Sports Deity

I believe both teams did pretty well here.

It's abundantly clear that top line centers have much higher value than top line wingers so you have to pay to get.

I just don't understand why Winnipeg wanted another center. They already have Scheifele and Stastny, with Perfetti in the system. Sure, they can move Perfetti to the wing but I'm pretty sure they drafted him with the intention of him being a center.

Either way, if you think Winnipeg lost this deal, you're forgetting the value of a 1C in the NHL. Winnipeg now has two. Columbus now has none. Who won this trade again?
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Woohoo indeed! Ehlers can’t lose. Either Scheifele or PLD as his C. I’m betting on the latter, another skilled Danish W for PLD after his success with Bjorkstrand, and a combo of Scheifele/Connor and PKD/Ehlers top 6 is going to be pretty nasty to handle for opposing D corps, especially with Wheeler there and maybe they move Stastny to the W on the top 6 to leave intact that terrific Copp Lowry Appleton 3rd line.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Trade: Laine and dubois

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Can't forget Roslovic. He could still end up a top 6 forward for CBJ.
    I came here to say this! Roslovic is the sleeper here. He should have plenty of motivation to prove the Jets were wrong to play hardball with him...I'm assuming he signs pretty quickly with Columbus.

Love that this was a hockey trade and not a salary trade - I guess you could consider Roslovic as somewhat of a salary trade, but I digress!
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Expert

Looks like PLD will miss 7 games over the 2 week quarantine

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    I can definitely see it happening with Laine.

Dubois getting to be in Canada could sway him.
    But Hmmm now I'm wondering if Jarmo as the GM could ignite a Finnish bond for Laine. Maybe he can get through to him?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Does this help Texier at all?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

It’s tough when a team is cornered into having to trade away an elite scorer. You almost never win those trades in fantasy hockey let alone real life because top goal scorers (consistent 40+ guys) don’t grow on trees.

In PLD’s own right, you can argue he’s an elite player himself but in the realm of an all around (aka 2way) playing style. Apples to oranges in that sense. Roslovic is a former Jets 1st rounder himself but seems nothing more than a 3C irl ...sucks for the Jets that they had to give more here despite passing on the guy in the draft who they just acquired in the trade. I think they did their best here as PLD does fill a hole they’ve had for a long time (a bonafide 1-2 combo down the middle behind Scheifele) but again it’s just rare a team ever comes out on the winning end when they trade the better scorer which will unfortunately remain to be the case whenever this trade is looked at.

.....it is kind of funny though how Laine/PLD wanted out of Winnipeg/Ohio and got shipped out to the American/Canadian version of those places. More sore Laine than PLD (a Torts thing) but you get my point
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Dobber Sports Prodigy

After thinking about it the naysayers (of which I was one initially) are being way too hasty and not looking at the bigger picture.

Roslovic isn't an impact player and wasn't going to be on the Jets roster this year, so let's leave that out. Maybe he tops out as a #2 40-50 point centre, but that was unlikely even before he joined Torts' system.

Laine is a fantastic goal-scorer and is a little bit away coming into his own. The Jets did all they could to keep him happy short of guaranteeing him a 1st line wing spot. And who in their right mind would do that - you do what's best for the team and team chemistry. They went out and got Stastny so he could have a quality centre to play with.

For whatever reason Laine was likely not going to sign long term, and he's up at the end of the year. Is that money, in a salary-cap world, better spent on a winger when you have 3 other good wingers and Winnipeg is in "Win Now" mode? Or howabout at least 2 years (then RFA) of that elusive top-end centre that gives you two killer lines? Want a top line and a donut line next year, or a 1-2 punch at centre, leaving only one winger spot to fill in your top 6?
    Dubois is great and beefy too, a nice dynamic with Scheifle.

Winnipeg likely said "look, we have a lot of forward depth. We have a chance to get a top centre which you never get. It's a bit of an overpay but let's do this."

It would have been nice for another D like a Savard coming back in the deal to the Jets, but even still the trade isn't as one-sided as it looked this morning.

And the Jets still have enviable depth up the middle - maybe trading one of those pieces and a pick for a top 4 D is in the offing this year. Feels like that's all they need...1 top 4 and a depth D.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I don’t know what Ohio’s rules are right now. If either player (Roslovic or Laine) has already had it and can show proof they don’t have to quarantine. To enter they have to show proof of a negative test within 3 days of travel. Otherwise it’s up to the state they are going to far as quarantine

And then whatever the NHL requires
    While Roslovic has been without a contract, he's actually been in the city of Columbus. He was born and lives there, so he's never been in Canada at any point during the season. I believe he won't need quarantine.

Dobber Sports Stud

Laine might have the higher perceived value from a fantasy standpoint, but having a 1-2 punch like Scheifele + Dubois is huge in Winnipeg.
    I think both teams did well under the circumstances.

Does this affect Bjorkstrand positively or negatively in your opinion?
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.