Thread: LAINE'S new linemates in CBJ Town?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default LAINE'S new linemates in CBJ Town?

Who is Laine going to line up with in Columbus? If only it would be Boone Jenner because he's available in the FA list in a very deep league I'm in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: LAINE'S new linemates in CBJ Town?

I would guess Domi and Bjork strand but who knows what Torts will do. Probably 4th line.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Great question.
    Usually I like to speculate... but have NO idea.
    I don't feel like Domi has the hockey-sense & passing ability to really click with Laine.

It's possible, too, that we could see an entire line made up of new CBJ players.
    Roslovic-Koivu-Laine

Koivu hasn't suited up for CBJ yet, having been in 10-day COVID quarantine, as of about Jan 13th.
    That means he's due to suit up... and as a fellow-Finn to Laine, there's possibility.

Koivu is in the twilight of his career... but he's a solid passer and has great hockey sense.
    Not sure if he has the legs, especially if after COVID, to get up & down the rink fast enough.
    Roslovic, I believe, can practice in about 48hrs.

CBJ has to ice a team tonight (w/o all three) - and then plays again on Tue, Jan 26th.
    Keep an eye on practice lines, but I could foresee this new trio together to start.

Long-term, I think it's possible Nick Foligno centers Laine & maybe Bjorkstrand.
    Domi if he can... I just think CBJ needs a more experienced center to let the two top liners fly off the wings.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Great question.
    Usually I like to speculate... but have NO idea.
    I don't feel like Domi has the hockey-sense & passing ability to really click with Laine.

It's possible, too, that we could see an entire line made up of new CBJ players.
    Roslovic-Koivu-Laine

Koivu hasn't suited up for CBJ yet, having been in 10-day COVID quarantine, as of about Jan 13th.
    That means he's due to suit up... and as a fellow-Finn to Laine, there's possibility.

Koivu is in the twilight of his career... but he's a solid passer and has great hockey sense.
    Not sure if he has the legs, especially if after COVID, to get up & down the rink fast enough.
    Roslovic, I believe, can practice in about 48hrs.

CBJ has to ice a team tonight (w/o all three) - and then plays again on Tue, Jan 26th.
    Keep an eye on practice lines, but I could foresee this new trio together to start.

Long-term, I think it's possible Nick Foligno centers Laine & maybe Bjorkstrand.
    Domi if he can... I just think CBJ needs a more experienced center to let the two top liners fly off the wings.
    Right but what about Texier? I think they like him as a top 6 C going fwd.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Twitter: @ross10019

CBS Sportsline 14 team H2H keeper (21-man roster, 14 keepers)
    Weekly lineup changes (start 9F (3/4C and 6/5W) 5D 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W, SV%

Angry Little Elves (formerly Montreal Maulers)
    2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 League Champions
    C: Tavares Hintz Larkin Jenner Seguin Schenn Backlund
    W: Panarin Marchand Hyman Keller Forsberg Batherson Rust Moore Smith
    D: Josi Hamilton Weegar Montour Ekholm Myers Parayko Pettersson Seeler
    G: Vasilevskiy Swayman Kuemper

Dobber Sports Rookie

lol

Dobber Sports Stud

Tex would be by first guess too. He's still developing so perhaps he's not ready for full time top-6 C duties yet... but I think he finds himself next to Laine as the season progresses. (Even if Boone or another C takes the 2-way load off the line).
    RHRS, Yahoo, 12-team, Roto
    PQMC, Yahoo, 12-team, Keep 11, H2H
    Taro Tsujimoto Draft League, Fantrax, 6-team, pts-only (*2018 draftees or later only)
    Hanson Bros., Fantrax, 10-Team, Keep 8, weighted scoring
    Black & Blue, Fantrax, 12-Team, Dynasty, H2H weighted
    The Dream Team League, Fantrax, 14-Team, Dynasty, H2H
    On Frozen Ponds, Fantrax 10-Team, Dynasty, Roto

​"When I do not know who I am I serve you, and when I do know who I am, you and I are one." - Hanuman-ji

Dobber Sports Rookie

Very interesting. I totally forgot about Koivu. I think that has some legs to it...unfortunately I think we gotta sit tight for a bit on this and see how it shakes out. Both players are available on the FA list, including Tex, but only have 10 moves for year. Burned through 3 already