Thread: Kaprizov/ Barzal

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Kaprizov/ Barzal

I got offered Barzal for my Kaprizov - points only league ... recommend to pull trigger or pass on deal?
    Points only keeper league
    15 teams
    Line up: 12 F / 6 D / 2 G
    Goalie stats: W=1 / SO=3

F:
    D:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Kaprizov/ Barzal

This is going to sound nuts but I think KK.

I love Barzal and own him in every league basically. And KK still comes with some risk. But I would be taking the gamble on KK. As good as Barzal is, I think KK is capable of about 10 more points a season. So if Barzal got you 90 his best year, I think KK could get you 100 his best year or whatever. And Barzal has been struggling relative to his rookie season. He is yet to match that 85 point pace. He also doesn't really do FOW which has me concerned about his future at the C position. Butt that's more a long term concern. But I think KK can match Barzal's output with like 0 top end players around him. Meanwhile Barzal has struggled to repeat that 85 point pace with players like Tavares and then some, not top end, but very good players like Lee and Bailey.

In like 2 or 3 years though they should both have even better players around them so it will be fun to see. But the idea of KK and Rossi is more mouth watering to me than Barzal and like Whalstrom or the rest of the wingers they have in the pipeline.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Kaprizov/ Barzal

Quote Originally Posted by style78 View Post
    I got offered Barzal for my Kaprizov - points only league ... recommend to pull trigger or pass on deal?
    I love KK but man, Barzal is very good himself. I don't think I'd do that deal.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov