Thread: Niederreiter, this year and beyond

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Niederreiter, this year and beyond

Curious what opinions are about Niederreiter both this season and future seasons. He’s only owned in 10% of Yahoo leagues and is available either on the WW or through discount trade in many leagues. In most, he probably flies under the radar.

He seems to be getting some first line minutes with Aho and PP2 time in Car. He’s had an up and down career, but has been capable of good point production in the past. Will he rebound his career in Carolina? Will he be fantasy relevant? Compared to guys like Blake Coleman or Josh Anderson, where does he rank?

Considering asking for him as a second piece in a bigger trade in league in sig. But am curious about him overall and for numerous leagues.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Niederreiter, this year and beyond

Niederreieter is a really streaky player, and he's on the top line only until Teravainen comes back next week. As long as you can put up with the inconsistency then he's a nice add but not a keeper. I see him around the 50 point mark going forward. I rate him higher than Anderson or Coleman, but I've owned him in the past and he's incredibly hot and cold.
    Team 1:
    J Hughes, Cooley (r), Bratt, Laine, M Tkachuk, Necas, A Svechnikov, S Jarvis, M Michkov (r), W Johnston, Zegras, Giroux, Norris, Couturier, B Jenner, T Krug, Burns, M Weegar, Werenski, Sergachev, B Clarke (r), Theodore, Sorokin , Oettinger, Askarov (r), Ersson
    12 teams, No salary cap
    Keep 14 plus 4 rookies (under 150 GP) max 18 players
    Scoring: G (1), A (1), +/- (0.25), H (0.1), B(0.1), PIM (0.1), SOG (0.1), GWG (1), PPP (1), SHP (1),
    Goalies: W (2), SO (3), GA (-0.5), OTL (1), SV (0.1)

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by This Guy View Post
    Niederreieter is a really streaky player, and he's on the top line only until Teravainen comes back next week. As long as you can put up with the inconsistency then he's a nice add but not a keeper. I see him around the 50 point mark going forward. I rate him higher than Anderson or Coleman, but I've owned him in the past and he's incredibly hot and cold.
    Ah I see. I’d say if he turns out to be a 50 point player that would be incredible value. For the price right now, in deep deep leagues or dynasties where the WW is stripped bare, that would still be a player with value. But not so much in like 12 team redrafted, yea. Thanks for response.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Behind Coleman & Anderson in your league in sig.

His scoring, shooting, and physicality have all been down in Carolina compared to his time in Minnesota. If Coleman and Anderson are other filler options, you want one of them.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Behind Coleman & Anderson in your league in sig.

His scoring, shooting, and physicality have all been down in Carolina compared to his time in Minnesota. If Coleman and Anderson are other filler options, you want one of them.

Thanks. And yea, I was hoping that people saw a big rebound in the cards for Niederreiter. But if not, might have to be Coleman or Anderson especially because of the HIT.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    Thanks. And yea, I was hoping that people saw a big rebound in the cards for Niederreiter. But if not, might have to be Coleman or Anderson especially because of the HIT.
    Even if he rebounded, he'd be behind those 2 for me. If neither of them are available, check out Goodrow on Tampa. Tampa has a crazy good 3rd line for multi-cat goodness.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    Even if he rebounded, he'd be behind those 2 for me. If neither of them are available, check out Goodrow on Tampa. Tampa has a crazy good 3rd line for multi-cat goodness.
    awesome tip. danka
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.