Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Pettersson

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Pettersson

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeps View Post
    It's tough being a Sens fans these days. Idk why Dorion traded/signed for veteran plugs (Gund, J Brown, Watson, Dadonov, Stepan, Paquette, Coburn). Except for Watson, the rest are overpaid and are taking up breathing room. Let the Abramov's, Logan Brown, Formenton's play for christ's sake. Ughhh....so frustrating.
    I think the biggest reason comes down to that fine line between wanting the rookies get experience, and them not being experienced enough to play every day in the NHL. As we've seen many times (I'm an Oilers fan so yes I am well aware of this), rushing a prospect who isn't ready for the NHL is NOT a good way for them to get better in this league. Sure, some kids can handle it and can deal with the day to day grind, but many can't and in the end, you aren't helping them; if anything, you're ruining them. I am pretty sure most of the guys you listed are on one year, short term deals, so this is about letting the kids come along at the right pace. It's not like we haven't seen Brown, Formenton and Abramov in the NHL for stints and when they have been up, they have looked ok at times, but I wouldnt say the are NHL players yet, if ever.

I am pretty confident when I say the guys you mentioned are more placeholders than anything. The Sens still have to roster a full team, along with depth for injuries.

This is probably a discussion for a different thread though LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Prodigy

It's tough being a Sens fans these days. Idk why Dorion traded/signed for veteran plugs (Gund, J Brown, Watson, Dadonov, Stepan, Paquette, Coburn). Except for Watson, the rest are overpaid and are taking up breathing room. Let the Abramov's, Logan Brown, Formenton's play for christ's sake. Ughhh....so frustrating.
    The NHL is not a developmental league. The young guys you mentioned are not ready for the NHL. They are best suited for getting minutes and showing they can dominate at a lower level. Getting shelled 7-1, 5-1 on a regular basis will bring their confidence down. Let the old expired vets take the beatings night in and night out. Norris and Batherson have shown what they can do against lower competition and the AHL is no longer good for their development.

The Sens just need to be careful with Stutzle and burning the first year of his deal. If they let Stutzle get to 10 games (or however many it is this season), then that’s a big mistake on Dorian.

The Great One

Seriously - Dorian is doing a phenomenal job in my opinion. The Sens development of young players has been superb. The only disappointment I've seen lately is Logan Brown. This young core should excite the hell out of Sens fans. Seriously. I'm excited for them and I'm a Habs fan - but I'm also a fan of fun teams to watch. Dorian has added a bunch of "vets" who are all playing ok. Currently Ottawa has no 4th or 5th rd picks in the upcoming draft. My guess is he's able to flip vets to playoff teams for at least 3 or 4 picks if not more at the deadline. Everyone on this roster over the age of 26 should be available come trade deadline. 2 to 3 years from now this team is going to be kick ass - Dorian is performing a text book rebuild and is hitting all the high notes for drafting and development. A+++ from me. It just sucks right now. It's a rebuild.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch