Thread: Beauvillier

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Beauvillier

Wondering if it's time to move on and grab someone else on the FA market!? Was hoping for a breakout this season but not much so far. I know it's early and he's somewhat of a streaky player but still.

Just wondering if any of these FAs would be an upgrade or should I just be patient? Pts only cap league in sig :

Lindblom
    Patrick
    Kyrou
    Wood
    Athanasiou

Thanks!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Beauvillier

I would strongly consider Lindblom or Patrick - probably not the rest.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I'd give it a little more time. Lateral moves at best here

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'm bored at work and this is the perfect entertainment cause it's a great comparison question.

Beauviller- At first glance everyone is pretty low on Beau. But if you dig deeper, you'll discover he is primed for a big step forward. People just over react to a 4-10 game window at the beginning of each year. He is playing a very healthy toi of 16:26 per game. This is actually better than people think because that includes Tortz chopping a few minutes off him last game to try and wake him up. He is on NYI second most played line with Bailey (elite passer) and Nelson. I see this as a strong line going forward as their play styles compliment one another. NYI have a one two PP and Beau has played in 38.1% of pp toi on the year despite not producing. I expect him to have a strong next game. If you look at the depth below him, it's only Pageau pushing for time and Tortz needs him or Nelson on the third line cause he likes to roll lines and needs to have faith in his full top 9.

Kyrou - Strong start points wise but opportunity just isnt there. 12:56toi. He wont break the 50pt plateau this year. STL is refusing to let him grow. I'll personally wait a few years then pay the price to get him when he is running at full gear.

AA - LA is terrible and he is still only playing 13:25toi. Ifallo is playing 20 mins a game. He will be inconsistent even if he does produce this year. Not up to Beau's/Patrick/Lindbolm's level imo

Wood - NJ is terrible. He isnt playing with Hughes and Palmeri and that is the only line I like. I honestly believe Wood is a bottom 6er (like AA) and won't be fantasy relevant unless you are in a very deep pool. Pass

Patrick - Hasnt played in 650+ days or something like that before this year I think I read. He is going to have some growing pains. If this is a forever keeper, he might be my choice because of the upside. He has spent most the year centering JVR and Voracek but was on a line with Konency and Lindbolm last game. With Couturier out for the next two weeks, Patrick could be the C to step up. Especially if he keeps winning 10 out of 12 draws like last night (joking he cant maintain that but if he stays strong on the draw). With Giroux and Hayes in town though, I think we see PHI switch lines a lot and Patrick likely will not maintain a full time top 6 role. Very small sample size but he is likely the risk/reward guy. Has the biggest window on this list I think for this season. 35-65pt pace prorated. Problem is PHI has SO many options

Lindblom - He has played anywhere from 14 to 17:38 in games this year. Just another example of PHI crazy depth and unwillingness to put players aside to let their youth grow. He missed a lot of time last year and he is a left shot so I think we will continue to see uneven PP usage (o seconds to 3mins+ this year in games). Voracek, JVR, Couturier, Hayes, and Farabee also shoot left... Provorov, Gustafsson and Ghost shoot left... That is a big problem for the shortterm. Im a strong beleiver that players do things in steps. He has had a 33pt season. He has had a strong half season (49.2pt pace). This season is the year we want to see him do that 50pt pace for a full year. Then he might step up to 55-60pt range. Verge with caution though because PHI wants to win NOW and they dont have the ability to ride these young guns during cold streaks.

To me, it comes down to Beauviller vs Patrick. I think lots will say Lindbolm but I just see his upside being a step lower and his pathway there being much harder than Beau's. It really comes down to your league setup on who should be picked and if you are going for it this year. Not going for it and full keeper forever, I go Patrick. Any thing other than that and I personally am going with Beauviller because I think he has the easiest pathway to production. Trotz is using him on the PP heavily. He is PKing him which makes me think he believes now is the time for him to breakout. To me, he has the least risk in this group of failing to reach the 50pt plateau. He is a winger and Patrick is a center, that gives him a slight bonus. I also dont like Patricks injuries. Migraine issues to me screams risk. One hit away from being viewed in a completely different way. This FA pool isnt deep so that is a risk I personally dont want to take if I am going for a championship. I also heavily lean towards now and that bias has went into all of these reviews. I dont believe in one, two, three, five year rebuilds. I believe in busy offseasons and always pushing to be in the money.

Personal advice, don't allow the first month to influence your player ratings. Go attack the players you believe in who are doing bad. Atkinson for example, I like him going into the year. His production is awful after 5 games. Easy to get low on him, but CBJ have him signed for 2024-25. It would be easy to jump off the ship but I think owners that do will regret it because it's very very easy for a player to have a bad five games. Watch for the streaky midget to get it together cause he has had a long serving success with Torts.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks red36 for that detailed analysis. I am thinking of adding Patrick but hesitating because of the injury risk. As PatInTheHat said this would probably be a lateral move.

Reason I am considering it is roster planning for Pastrnak's return, therefore trying to shed a bit of cap money. If I took Patrick in Beauvillier's place, then found a decent replacement at a cheaper salary for Bear, then I could brink up Pastrnak in Thomas's place. Right now with my lineup and cap situation only player Pastrnak could replace would be Jack Hughes.(aside from my big guns)

But all of this might be too risky because it only works if everyone stays healthy.

Any other ideas?
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I would have it between Beauvillier and Lindblom, actually.

Flyers have opportunity right now for PP time, and I worry less about Lindblom than Patrick moving forward. They have a very solid top 9, but right now, Lindblom is their #2 LW, and I'd expect Giroux to see more time at center with the injuries.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I would have it between Beauvillier and Lindblom, actually.

Flyers have opportunity right now for PP time, and I worry less about Lindblom than Patrick moving forward. They have a very solid top 9, but right now, Lindblom is their #2 LW, and I'd expect Giroux to see more time at center with the injuries.
    Would you consider replacing Kahun with Lindblom? Only 1 point so far on a line with Draisaitl is very disappointing. Although this would take away cap flexibility and limit what to do with Pastrnak upon his return.