Thread: N.Suzuki for E.Karlsson?

Dobber Sports Rookie

Post N.Suzuki for E.Karlsson?

Hello Again to the mighty Dobber Nation, Hope y'all are doing well.

10-Team H2H ROTO (8-man Keeper)

24-players on a team, 17-Starters (9-Fowards, 5-Defense, 1-Utility & 2-Goalies)

Team
    Forwards: T.Hall, M.Marner, A.Barkov, S.Stamkos, M.Scheifele, M.Stone, K.Kaprizov, F.Forsberg, N.Suzuki
    Defense: A.Pietrangelo, A.Ekbald, J.Klingberg, D.Towes, J.Morrissey
    Utility: S.Monahan
    Goalies: R. Lehner, J. Markstrom
    Bench: R.O'Reilly, PLD, A.DeBrincat, P.Buchnevich, O.Bjorkstrand, I.Shesterkin, J.Korpisalo

THE TRADE PROPOSAL

Receive: E.Karlsson

Send: N.Suzuki

Trying to create more depth/better contributors to the Defense. Or would you drop ROR/Korpisalo/Morrissey for Andersson? Or Just ride it out and not look to add more to the defense. Thanks in Advance!

The Great One

Default Re: N.Suzuki for E.Karlsson?

Oh my goodness no.

For the rest of the question you need to let us know what stats you use...
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Ace

Quick answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT>........... But also, what is the scoring? League scoring will or at least can change everything.

But in most situations, there is no way I would move Suzuki for Karlsson. Even IF Karlsson gets his stuff together and returns to some high production form, Suzuki right now looks like a fantasy stud..... Not in the McDavid, Crosby type tier... but maybe a 2nd, 3rd or 4th round type value depending on the team. I think he will be Habs 1C for quite some time and doubt they will trade him for PLD. And if Kotkaniemi ever turns into the player he can turn into, Suziki might even end up on the wing playing with him. But either way, I seriously believe Suzuki will be a point per game player most seasons, or at minimum a 70 point player, with the ability to get 90 or maybe even 100 points in any given season.

Basically... if it's points only, hands down Suzuki. If it's multicat with no Hit/BLk still Suzuki. And if a multicat banger, definitely Suzuki because he seems to have added HIT to his skills list on top of FOW, G, A, PPP AND he's even getting some PIM now. Karlsson, even in his best years, was light on the HIT and PIM but did add a large amount of BLKs. Either way though, it's Suzuki all day.

In all honesty, right now, I would be treating Suzuki like a top 50 player, because I believe that is what he is long term. With the ability, if things go right for him and the team, to be a regular top 25 player. Think Aho with more HIT and more FOW. Or Barzal with many more FOW and HIT. And just wait until the likes of Caufield, Mysack, Tuch and others arrive.........

But I might dangle Bjorkstrand and/or Buchnevich for a D upgrade. Maybe even a package with like Bjorkstrand and Ekblad, Klingberg, or Toews. Would aim for guys like Chabot, maybe Fox or Boqvist. All though you might even be able to get a guy like Boqvist, or maybe Bouchard, Byrum etc..... for less, like just Bjorkstrand or just Toews. Well, if I were moving Klingberg and/or Buchnevich I would be aiming more at guys like Pietrangelo or maybe Theodore, Pros, or maybe even Hughes or Makar with the right package.

The only D's I would consider moving Suzuki for are like Quinn Hughes, Makar, Hedman etc.... and then I still might not do it depending on the league scoring and depending on my roster.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Rookie

haha so not a smart idea at all? I had the theory of making this trade then picking up Toffoli. But now thinking about it, like you said Suzuki is looking at Line1 C and on a high octane offense, be foolish to give up a great young scorer for hope on Karlsson to regain his 2018-2019 form, but maybe I am looking it the glass half empty instead of half full.
    yes, keeper league (Keep 8).

SCORING of the league (Skaters)
    (G) - 3
    (A) - 2
    (PTS) - 1
    (PPP) - 1
    (PPG) - 1
    (SHG) - 2
    (HAT) - 5
    (SOG) - 0.5
    (HIT) - 0.5
    (BLK) - 0.5

The Great One

Also - I'm not sure what H2H roto means. Does that mean your match-ups are roto somehow? I'd look at an upgrade from Morrisey. And without FOW O'Reilly may be expendable as well.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Dobber Sports Rookie

haha its kind of dumb, not really sure what to call it. But its like Roto for the season where the each week your playing against everyone and are scored (10-1 pts) based on final week score than its H2H for playoffs. For me, i personally like if it was all the same way throughout the whole season.

I agree with Morrissey. I was looking to swap him around, or ROR/Dubois. For Andersson.

Another questions with the feud between PLD & Tort' and its not getting any better. Would your drop/trade PLD over Bjorkstrand or do you hold PLD hoping he gets traded to an offensive heavy team?

The Great One

I hold PLD. Certainly not a good idea to trade him when his value is terrible. I also keep Bjorkstrand. His value is pretty meh right now and that will change. If you want to leverage one of these guys for D you need to be patient.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR: