Thread: Dubois

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Dubois

His situation isn’t looking good and he’s probably getting traded, but what’s it worth to take on the risk until he gets dealt (if that happens)? I have good forward depth to offer the guy who has him, but want to know where it’s not worth the gamble. Guys j can offer are:

Steel
    Necas
    Lindblom
    Tuch
    Neiderreiter?

I also have guys like Olofsson and Bjorkstrand, but they are too much I think.

Thanks.
    13 team roto league — weekly lineups

G/A/Pts/Shots/+ -/PIM
    Wins/GAA

12F
    6D
    3G
    9 bench

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Re: Dubois

Quote Originally Posted by ugli77 View Post
    His situation isn’t looking good and he’s probably getting traded, but what’s it worth to take on the risk until he gets dealt (if that happens)? I have good forward depth to offer the guy who has him, but want to know where it’s not worth the gamble. Guys j can offer are:

Steel
    Necas
    Lindblom
    Tuch
    Neiderreiter?

I also have guys like Olofsson and Bjorkstrand, but they are too much I think.

Thanks.
    I think any of those on your initial list would be a good deal for you, but I dont know if they would get it done. If they would then all power to you. I would offer any of those guys...possibly including Bjorkstrand but I'm not sure. He would probably get the deal done but it could be a delay before you see equal value. If you think Olofsson would get it done, I might take that gamble.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Ace

NONE of those players will get you PLD in any of my leagues. If the PLD owner would move him for those types, do it and don't think twice. Otherwise, it would still take like a Barzal, or Suzuki, or Steutzle maybe, or something of that nature for me to even consider moving him. Basically, I would either be looking to move him for his start of the season value or I would be holding and waiting to see what happens. And no, Bjorkstrand or Olofson would not get you PLD in my leagues. Or from me. Not even close. The PLD owner would have to be absolutely panicking right now, or someone who just hates PLD to get that done. I honestly don't think I would even move PLD for a combo of 2 of most of those guys... MAYBE like Bjorkstrand AND Olofson. But definitely not one. And I would honestly prefer Necas I think to Bjorksrand with the hope he snaps out of this slump and emerges as the player he can be. Similarly with Tuch, who had a great game last night and, I think at least, has the potential to be better than Bjorkstrand and maybe Olofson. Necas I think has the highest ceiling of the bunch, but that might still be a season or two out for him to reach it.

Now, being an owner of PLD in dynasty, in this current situation he is in I am absolutely going to try to shop him. But if I can't get legitimate value for him because of the situation, I am 100% holding until he establishes himself again, somewhere else or not. The minute he gets traded, if he does get traded, I am pretty sure his value shoots back up to where it was entering the season, or perhaps even higher if the situation is ideal with a high octane, high offensive team.

Your league is redraft? The above holds true IMO even more in keeper/dynasty. But I think I would stick to the above even in redraft. And I would maybe shoot for someone like a Schenn or someone who gets regularly undervalued, or happens to be in a slump right now. At least, that would be my mindset right now as a PLD owner.

Hope that helps somewhat.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Ace

And that's why you don't trade Dubois for BJorkstrand or Nieddereiter or Tuch.

He's going to be a beast with the Jets. Poor Laine owners though. Ouch.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)