6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yanni Gourde

4 66.67%
  • Tyler Johnson

2 33.33%

Thread: Tyler Johnson or Yanni Gourde

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Tyler Johnson or Yanni Gourde

I know I've asked this before but I am going to ask it again since we have a bit more information now.

I can only keep one of these secondary Lightning players in my 24 team dynasty league. We use the following stats:

G: 4
    A: 2
    +/-: 1
    SOG: 0.5
    PPP: 1
    SHP: 2
    Hit: 0.5
    Block: 0.5
    FOW: 0.1

So far this season Gourde has 13.9points in 3 games for 4.63 points per game while Johnson has 7.5 points in 2 games for 3.75 points per game. They are both playing 15:30 per game (TJ at 15:34 and YG at 15:32), they are both on PP2. Gourde was taking a few more faceoffs per game. Johnson's been playing with Killorn and Cirelli while Gourde's been playing with Coleman and Goodrow. Gourde's line has scored more goals than Johnson's line so far but Johnson's line has been dominating play while Gourde's line is 50/50 in xGF/corsi/etc.

Gourde's salary is 166,666 more than Johnson's for the next 4 years.

Which one should I keep and which one should I drop? Neither of them have any trade value.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Tyler Johnson or Yanni Gourde

I go with Johnson, I think he will pick up the pace for the rest of the season and might even be taken by seattle. more upside IMO
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Tyler Johnson or Yanni Gourde

I think Gourde is the better player and is part of a very effective third line. Johnson get better zone starts though. They both get PP deployment but Gourde gets more PK time and he hits. I'd go with Gourde but it's close.