Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fiala

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Fiala

Wtf? I drafted him for 60 plus, and by plus, I mean possibly over 70. I used to own Laine, and traded him because he was being poorly used. This is reminiscent of that.
    13 team Keeper, top 8F, 4D and 2G count. 1pt G/A, 2pt W/SO.
    Protect up to 500 points in a full season
    (K) denotes keeper

Keepers:

F: Draisaitl, Thompson, Thomas, Zuccarello, Konecny, Marchessault Ehlers, O'Reilly, Tarasenko, Perron, Coronato, Seguin, Atkinson, Rossi, Michkov
    D: Q Fox, Sergachev, Dobson, York, Hutson
    G: Vasilevsky, Jarry, Levi

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Fiala

Did you think Fiala had a better supporting cast in Minny?
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Expert

Better than Johansson and Bonino? Yes.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Even outside of Johansson and Bonino it's not like MN has a ton of options offensively. So I'm not sure exactly what you were hoping for. He busted out last year playing mostly with vets like Staal/Koivu/Parise and 2 of them are gone. He's playing top PP and should continue to get plenty of ice time. He's averaging 19 min per game...and it's only been 4 games. Personally I thought the Fiala hype got out of hand considering the current Wild roster, so it wouldn't surprise if he disappoints a lot of owners this year.

Edit to add that Fiala has looked good so far in the 3 games I've seen. Shooting the puck a ton as well. He'll get his points.

Dobber Sports Padawan

He's had a ton of shots also so he's due. I don't think he outscores Laine, but are you seriously worried about him after 4 games? Bobby Ryan leads the league in goals, last I checked. Don't see him staying there.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    He's had a ton of shots also so he's due. I don't think he outscores Laine, but are you seriously worried about him after 4 games? Bobby Ryan leads the league in goals, last I checked. Don't see him staying there.
    Uhhhhh I do.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Fiala is a bit snakebitten. He will start putting up points soon. I think he still scores about 45 + this season.

Agreed his supporting cast is not the most seasoned, but there are some great young players around him.

We are only 4 games in and he is getting loads of opportunity. The points will come.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Expert

I know, I know. I just need to hear it

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Uhhhhh I do.
    Wouldn't that be a great story?!

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by DocMcPuffin View Post
    Wouldn't that be a great story?!
    Haha definitely. Just hoping for continued moderate production and a trade for some picks.

As for Fiala....it's a week into the season here. Don't rush into anything.

Dobber Sports Veteran

You'll need to be more patient.

I drafted Fiala last year. Same exact thing. He was awful for the first month. Not sure if you didn't know that or have forgotten, but I'd suggest brushing up on what happened next.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Star

Not too worried, Parise also has 0 pts. Minny has only scored 1 powerplay goal and it arguably should've been callled back due to a hand pass. Only Kaprizov i would say has racked up the points.

Zuccarello coming back will change up the lines. I am hoping they eventually stick with Kaprizov and Fiala together.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Fiala has 19 SOG in four games and five or six posts hit. Top of the league in xGF. He's going to pop any day now.

Someone dropped him in my pts only league the other day and I used my first waiver to grab him. Going to be a literal steal for me this season.
    10 Team Fantrax Weekly H2H
    19-Man Roster, 8 Keepers, 12 Minors (<150 NHL Games Kept Free)
    Pos: 3xC / 3xLW / 3xRW / 3xD / 3xG / 1xUtil / 3xBench / 5xIR
    Scoring: (G=1) (A=1) (W=2) (SO=1) (SV=0.05)

2020-21 League Champion 🏆

Re-tooling Season. Keepers moving forward:

C: N.MacKinnon, E.Pettersson, T.Zegras
    LW: A.DeBrincat, A.Svechnikov
    RW: W.Nylander
    D: C.Makar, R.Dahlin

Notable Minors Eligible/Prospects: C.Sillinger, S.Pinto, P.Krebs, F.Lysell, M.Coronato, S.Perunovich, F.Nazar, S.Durzi, S.Skinner

Dobber Sports Superstar

I love him as a player I really do but I did not keep him because of the team around him. The likes of MoJo as a #1 center was something I could not look past.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I have Kapirsov & Fiala in all my leagues this year, and my faith is not waivering. It has only been a couple of games; even though the season is compressed in real time, it still may take a few games to get into the groove. As others have said, hes getting the ice time and shooting the puck. They have alot of firepower and do not have serious expectations from fans/ownership to win now.
    I'm hoping Fiala starts a bit slow then elevates to the 2pt/game he was putting up last year before the stoppage.