Thread: Targeting Fiala

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Targeting Fiala

Hello Dobber nation! Need some advice/input/ideas.

Someone in my league has decided to bench Fiala because, well, no points in 4 games. I inquired to see if he was interested in trading him and his response was he wasn't really thinking about that but would do it for a guy like Guentzel. Of course I will not do that.

Wondering if something else could be offered (team and league in sig) or if I should just walk away and drop the idea completely. Here is his starting lineup :

Gaudreau, Larkin, Texier, Rakell, Svechnikov, Rust, Farabee, Norris, Konecny, Bertuzzi, Zibanejad, Connor

Toews, Klingberg, Barrie, Makar, Gustafsson, Grzlclyk

Shesterkin, Ullmark

Thanks!
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Targeting Fiala

About the most I would offer off your roster is Thomas or Buchnevich on down..... None of which he will likely take if he was inquiring about Guentzel.....
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Unfortunately, what we think and what he thinks are most likely two different things. No offense but it's nice to see a GM who has the foresight to look past the first few games of no production and willing to be patient. That being said, even if Fiala came out of the gate hot, I wouldn't give up Guentzel for him so if he's stuck there, youre best to walk away.

I'd also see if he'd have interest in Thomas (who's also off to something of a slow start) or maybe even Batherson or Buchnevich. Tell him you'd be willing to part with one of them and he could choose which one interests him more. Honestly, in this setup, I see Thomas as a solid option one for one but as I mentioned, that doesn't mean he does.

If it's me, and he's not interested in any of those three, looking at your other players, I'd move on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    About the most I would offer off your roster is Thomas or Buchnevich on down..... None of which he will likely take if he was inquiring about Guentzel.....
    Thanks for the input Wonko. That's about what I was thinking but kinda looking for confirmation. Honestly I'd rather keep both. Thomas for cap flexibility and Buchnevich I figure could have about the same output as Fiala.

Honestly I think the only thing I could offer of interest would be Zegras + but it's too early for that as everyone wants to believe they can win this year.

Hard to make trades in this league aside from near trade deadline.

Still open to ideas/suggestions if anyone has some.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Unfortunately, what we think and what he thinks are most likely two different things. No offense but it's nice to see a GM who has the foresight to look past the first few games of no production and willing to be patient. That being said, even if Fiala came out of the gate hot, I wouldn't give up Guentzel for him so if he's stuck there, youre best to walk away.

I'd also see if he'd have interest in Thomas (who's also off to something of a slow start) or maybe even Batherson or Buchnevich. Tell him you'd be willing to part with one of them and he could choose which one interests him more. Honestly, in this setup, I see Thomas as a solid option one for one but as I mentioned, that doesn't mean he does.

If it's me, and he's not interested in any of those three, looking at your other players, I'd move on.
    Thanks Axeman. Absolutely no offense taken as I love having GMs in my league who won't deal just anything so quickly. But I always test the waters.

See reply to Wonko for thoughts on Thomas and Buchnevich vs Fiala. He did show some interest in Thomas in the off season. As for Batherson I might inquire but I figure he'll want a significant sweetener which I most likely won't agree to.