Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Ovie/Kuz/Samsonov/Orlov on the COVID list

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Ovie/Kuz/Samsonov/Orlov on the COVID list

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm curious on how the league found out how 4 players were in a room together...who snitched
    It's funny, I was thinking this same thing this morning when I was driving to work and hearing them talk about it on the NHL Network on SiriusXM.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    The Caps statement also brought up the players being in other areas not authorized in addition to the hotel room. Everyone is latching onto the hotel part but that may have only came out after they their other indiscretions were caught.
    Teams can make designated areas in Hotels where players are allowed to hang out. So I'm curious if they're trying to make it "clear" that it was not in a designated area the players were hanging out. And that the team is putting up areas where they are allowing the players to hang out in. This is not something teams have to do, so I wonder if the team is like "Hey, we want teh public to know we have designated areas, these guys just didn't go there"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    It's funny, I was thinking this same thing this morning when I was driving to work and hearing them talk about it on the NHL Network on SiriusXM.
    I had a friend text me the same thing. I was busy listening to sports gambling tips this morning and not NHL's station lol.

Wonder why the players weren't in a public, "covid safe" area too. What were they doing hmmmmm. I don't actually think Kuzy was doing anything that he didn't want others to see.

Dobber Sports Deity

Updated! I still havent heard that they tested positive yet so this seems weird.

https://twitter.com/TomGulittiNHL/st...18503785803776

Capitals coach Peter LAviolette said that Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov and Samsonov will miss four games and then under review.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Updated! I still havent heard that they tested positive yet so this seems weird.

https://twitter.com/TomGulittiNHL/st...18503785803776
    Ovi's wife posted this rant on her instagram:

"of course, only Russian players of Washington Capitals were together in the same hotel room. Of course, all the other NHL players, when playing away, separating themselves from their teamates. Of course, you can't catch the virus when you and your teammates sit together on the bech, hug each other when they score a goal, or when they are all together in the lounge or locker room. Players can't get infected when tehy are at the restaurants, supermarkets, malls, ect.... Virus only works in a hotel room. The one who came up with this rule, obviously is very logical! By the way, both, Alex Ovechkin and Dmitriy Orlov have antibodies. Unfortunately, not everyone is competent in their (antibodies') value and properties"
    Huh? Something tells me the Ovechkin's aren't taking the COVID Protocol seriously.

Dobber Sports Deity

Did anyone see Ovechkin's reply and "apology" yesterday. I won't lie, I felt it was more of a sarcastic apology than a sincere apology from his tone, but I just took it as his english coming across different.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/4239537001/

"I regret my choice to spend time together with my teammates in our hotel room and away from the locker room areas," he said in a statement. "I will learn from this experience."

The Great One

I brought up the whole anti-body/immunity thing a while back. Obviously the NHL has no provision for that. Which is a bit short sighted but also completely understandable. As to Ovechkin's wife's rant - I don't believe they were singled out because they are Russian, I think it more likely that these Russian players are not taking this as seriously as those from other places? Or everyone is doing this sort of thing and these guys were the only ones who got caught.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Titan

Did anyone see Ovechkin's reply and "apology" yesterday. I won't lie, I felt it was more of a sarcastic apology than a sincere apology from his tone, but I just took it as his english coming across different.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...ed/4239537001/
    Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    I brought up the whole anti-body/immunity thing a while back. Obviously the NHL has no provision for that. Which is a bit short sighted but also completely understandable. As to Ovechkin's wife's rant - I don't believe they were singled out because they are Russian, I think it more likely that these Russian players are not taking this as seriously as those from other places? Or everyone is doing this sort of thing and these guys were the only ones who got caught.
    I think you take it as seriously as the people you hang out with. If Ovechkin isn't taking it seriously, and it seems like the people around him aren't taking it seriously, then his friends likely aren't taking it seriously (I don't think Ovechkin is taking it seriously, or the rules the NHL has put out seriously)

Oveckin's wife held a large party for her dads bday like yesterday with 0 social distancing or masks happening. I don't think a lot of the COVID rules are thought out, or explained, and one example is what happened with Ovechkin. Why can't players hang out in hotel rooms if they are tested and hanging out every day at an arena? Ovechkin clearly thinks it's dumb and broke the rules.

NHL also can't say "if you caught it then you're exempt" because how many people would spread it to other NHLers and they'd miss time? You couldn't have Ovechkin out in public and come into the locker room where others had to isolate. Have to make it even across the board.

Dobber Sports Star

It's a sensitive time right now. The NHL wants to keep their season going by erring on the side of extreme caution, the NHLPA agreed to these rules.

I can definitely agree it appears way too strict especially since I imagine only the hockey team + staff are in the hotel in many cases. But again, the NHLPA agreed to these rules so at the end of the day even if Ovie and pals dont care the Caps definitely wont be pleased each time they get docked $100k
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Honestly... I feel like there's more to this story than we are getting.
    I just don't see the NHL slapping FOUR games on some guys from the same team being in a room unmasked.

Now... if there's a non-tested outsider in the room... or if non-tested outsiders could have recently been in that room...
    Then we're talking about something all together different.

This one, IMO, doesn't feel like the full story.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Samsonov has tested positive for COVID...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...positive-test/
    Points Only Keep 8 league with 8 teams.
    25 Man Roster, Best 12F-6D-2G count

F - Kucherov, Panarin, Aho, Svechnikov
    , Gaudreau, Kaprizov
    D - Josi

G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports All-Star

Boom there it is.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Ah - at least it all makes sense.
    Quite honestly... businesses (incl. NHL) do need full transparency, so when somebody like Samsonov gets a positive... and the whole Caps travelling org know the Russians hang out together... what's the organization supposed to do?
    If they cover it up... it turns out worse for them, guaranteed.

Smart move by the Caps - it is what it is.
    Wonder how/where Samsonov contacted it with the NHL season being so far forward at this point...

That's where the discussion gets interesting...

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Now Lavoilette has to give Vrana PP time, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm curious on how the league found out how 4 players were in a room together...who snitched
    I was going to say that it was Vrana who anonymously tipped off the team (he is RFA after this season and could use some PP1 TOI), but then I saw that Samsonov tested positive, so the boys had to be honest for contact tracing purposes I suspect. Hope they all get through this fine, especially Samsonov. Odds are good, he is young, fit and has access to the best health care money can buy.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Star

I wonder if Ovie's wife knew Samsonov tested positive before going on her rant. I assume she didnt......but it would be way worse if she did know

I had actually traded Samsonov for Fleury + pick upgrade on Monday since I have Lehner in a limited goalie start league so this worked out pretty nicely for me haha.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.