Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Strome

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Ryan Strome

I know I should wait on Strome because his minutes and linemates are so good.
    But theoretically if you guys were going to drop Strome, which one of these free agents would you take, if any:

Fiala
    Couture
    Wilson
    Suzuki
    Trochek
    Reinhart
    Horvat
    Kubalik
    Oshie
    Domi
    One Year. 11 teams. Points only. G=1. A=1. GWG=1. W=2. SO=3
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***
    F: P Kane, Wheeler, Kucherov, Malkin, Batherson, Crosby, Eichel, Point
    D: Carlson, Q Hughes, Barrie, Karlsson
    G: Demko, Ullmark

The Great One

Default Re: Ryan Strome

Fiala
    Wilson
    Suzuki
    Trochek
    Reinhart
    Horvat
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Fiala
    Wilson
    Suzuki
    Trochek
    Reinhart
    Horvat
    Thanks. Would you rank all of these guys ahead of Strome?
    8 F, 4D, 2G. 5 drops all year. ***NO BENCH, NO IR, SWAP D for D, F for F, G for G ONLY***

The Great One

Yes
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett

IR:

Yes
    Fiala has been a slow starter last couple of years. But everybody says he is a star and they have faith. Does he have the potential and linemates to take a step forward from last year?

The Great One

His ice time has taken a significant jump up thus far. He is shooting the puck a LOT. Which is good. He scored 54 pts in 64 games last year. His PDO was 99.1 while doing that. His SH% was a little over his career average. I don't know about a step forward, but even where he was last year (and he was on a tear at the end of the season and in the bubble) is better than Strome.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

His ice time has taken a significant jump up thus far. He is shooting the puck a LOT. Which is good. He scored 54 pts in 64 games last year. His PDO was 99.1 while doing that. His SH% was a little over his career average. I don't know about a step forward, but even where he was last year (and he was on a tear at the end of the season and in the bubble) is better than Strome.
    Just did the drop. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aerofoil;[URL="tel:2101762"
    2101762[/URL]]Just did the drop. Thanks
    the right move

...idk why but was reading on Twitter, NYR fans seem to be annoyed at Strome. Maybe says something about his play but they don’t really fancy him the way they talked about him.

As for Fiala, yea what the others have said. Slow starter but SOG are piling on so the dam is bound to break open. Not sure how his crappy linemates (at least in my opinion) in Bonino+Johansson are effecting his inability to put up points but the shots are there.
    H2H weekly matchups | 12 teams | 2C • 3W • 3D • 1UTIL • 2G • 3BN • 2IR+ | 3 weekly moves

Scoring | 4G, 3A, 0.3+/-, 1PPP, 5SHG, 3SHA, 3GWG, 0.4SOG, 0.2FW, -0.2FL, 0.3HIT, 0.3BLK | 4W, -1GA, 0.25SV, 6SHO

ROSTER:
    (C,W) Stamkos, Giroux
    (C) Barkov, Couturier
    (W) M.Tkachuk, Konecny, Svechnikov, Caufield
    (D) Josi, Morrissey, Theodore, Sanderson
    (G) Bobrovsky, Husso
    (IR+) Vasilevskiy, Matheson

Record: 2-1-0

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks13 View Post
    the right move

...idk why but was reading on Twitter, NYR fans seem to be annoyed at Strome. Maybe says something about his play but they don’t really fancy him the way they talked about him.

As for Fiala, yea what the others have said. Slow starter but SOG are piling on so the dam is bound to break open. Not sure how his crappy linemates (at least in my opinion) in Bonino+Johansson are effecting his inability to put up points but the shots are there.
    I am also seeing lots of people say he is a dud on PP1, but Quinn keeps sending him out there even though he is the weak link. He gets a ton of minutes and is stapled to Panarin but fans are always down on him,

Dobber Sports Deity

In a league with only four drops for the year, show some patience. I am not dropping guys just because they have started slow here. I would be holding them in case they get COVID or their team gets screwed over or something like that. This is going to be a different season than others so you need to hold your drops for the truly unexpected; not the slow starters. Geez.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    In a league with only four drops for the year, show some patience. I am not dropping guys just because they have started slow here. I would be holding them in case they get COVID or their team gets screwed over or something like that. This is going to be a different season than others so you need to hold your drops for the truly unexpected; not the slow starters. Geez.
    He already did it.
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max

IR:

Dobber Sports Deity

He already did it.
    Yes, I am aware of that. I am trying to stop him from making the same mistake again.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

I hear you. I was a bit rash maybe, but I'm also trying to correct a bad draft, and I had too many Rangers. If they had a Covid out break and their games are delayed I didn't want 3 forward spots not playing for 2 weeks or whatever.

Dobber Sports Deity

It's too early to know if drafting Strome was a mistake or not (and for the record, I don't believe it was but that's just my opinion but not much we can do about that now). Give the seasons a bit of time to breath and the players some time to get going.

It's too early to know if drafting Strome was a mistake or not (and for the record, I don't believe it was but that's just my opinion but not much we can do about that now). Give the seasons a bit of time to breath and the players some time to get going.
    You're right. It was a knee jerk move. But I'm in last place and 14 points back, which can be made up, and I got impatient. I feel more confident going forward with Fiala. Might come back to bite me when covid/injuries hit, but I have 2 moves left that I will save for that.