Thread: Jays finally sign Springer

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Jays finally sign Springer

I wont lie, I didnt think this would happen. Not because the Jays didn't want him but more because I didnt think he wanted to come play for the Blue Jays. I stand corrected.

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1351741529258393605

The Blue Jays get their guy.

Toronto and OF George Springer have agreed to a 6-year, $150M deal, per MLB Network's @JonHeyman.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Jays finally sign Springer

It's pretty cool to get such a big name player but that's a lot of dough for a 31 year old.

Dobber Sports Titan

Rogers must of given the OK to give over 5yrs. Good on the Jays for jumping on the opportunity with the issues in NYM.

Mets apparently offered 5yrs, 125mill. So Jays added a yr. And now Springer is trying to get Brantley to come to the Jays. I'd be really ok with him joining too, but I still think the Jays need a starter. Getting Chatwood is a good move for the team to get a swing guy, Yates is a solid risk to take a chance on, Springer is obvious, but they still need some pitching help.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Rogers must of given the OK to give over 5yrs. Good on the Jays for jumping on the opportunity with the issues in NYM.

Mets apparently offered 5yrs, 125mill. So Jays added a yr. And now Springer is trying to get Brantley to come to the Jays. I'd be really ok with him joining too, but I still think the Jays need a starter. Getting Chatwood is a good move for the team to get a swing guy, Yates is a solid risk to take a chance on, Springer is obvious, but they still need some pitching help.
    That's pretty much what they had to do to get Ryu as well, add the additional year on the term in order to get him there, so this wouldn't surprise me.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."