Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Kaprizov or Connor?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Kaprizov or Connor?

I chose between Kaprizov and Connor for one of my last keeper spots, went with Kaprizov and traded Connor.

I think they’re pretty similar but Kaprizov has a higher ceiling imo and will be the more flashy player, which will give him a higher trade value.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Connor will score 50G in the nhl one day but I think KK can do it all. Score, dish and move the gameplay himself. I think he’s a guy that can create plays himself while Connor needs others around him to create the play, but he finishes. Right now it’s Connor until KK can prove otherwise. But like some have said, I wouldn’t deal KK straight up right now because I think he’s got huge upside.
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent

Dobber Sports Deity

To me, this has been a weird year for a lot of players so I am taking everything from this past season with a grain of salt. It's impressive what Kaprizov has done this season, but we've seen Connor as a consistent point producer. I am not saying Kaprizov won't become that himself, but I am not ready to jump ship off Connor to Kaprizov based off one weird season. Down the road, with consistency, I could see Kaprizov as the right answer for me, but not right now based on what we know.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

So after 1.5 years I think it’s now clearer that it’s Kaprizov > Connor. Kap is 100pts upside player and I think Connor is PPG player with maybe a few seasons over if things go right. I’m glad I stuck to my guns with Kap > Connor.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Points(4) PIM(0.5) +\-(0.5) Wins(5) SO(5) GA(-0.5) Save(0.1)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

F: Landeskog Mackinnon Kaprizov Panarin Rantanen Bratt Buchnevich Hintz
    Kreider Svechnikov Marner T. Wilson Guentzel Rust Fiala Aho Meier

D: Carlson Toews Theodore Krug Klingberg Barrie Ekblad Weegar

G: Bobrovsky Saros Vasilevskiy

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

JRs: Bourgault L. Cormier Lambos Olausson Zellweger

IR: Couturier/Ellis

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Connor probably tops out at a 40-50 kinda guy and Kirill is a 30-70 and that's probably his floor. Nether was a bad option but good call sticking with Kirill. Def isn't Connor no question like the comments said at the start of this post lol

Dobber Sports Master

I still think it’s pretty close. A lot was unknown at the origins of this post. Evaluations evolve with time.

Kaprizov is outstanding but so is Connor. In the same situations I think they’d produce very similarly.

Kaprizov is doing what he's doing without a ton of talent around him, Fiala is a good player and Ek is a great two-way center, Zucc didn't start going crazy til Kap showed up either point wise. Kap drives his line and the offense and he makes those around him better. Connor, maybe he does that as well, we don't know because he hasn't had to, he's been surrounded by great players his whole career (Wheeler, Scheifele, Ehlers).

Kap will be getting a big infusion of talent very soon in Minny with Rossi and Boldy headlining that. He's already over ppg in his career and is on pace for 100 points (50 points in 38gp) in his 2nd season. "IF" Rossi is as good as some pundits think he is and Boldy continues his upward trajectory, can see Kap being a consistent 100 point or near 100 point player. If not, still see him being a consistent ppg player with 100 point upside.
    12 Team Dynasty League. $4 increase per player a year FP/ reduced salary for 3 years, Keep 8-12 (League Champion 14/15, 16/17, 19/20, 22/23)

Categories - D-G, G, A, PPP, SHP, SoG, Hits/Blocks, FoW, FoW%, Give/Take, Wins, GAA, Save%, Saves.

C: Tavares $33, Eichel $16 (1st yr FP), Trocheck $18, Jenner $9 Beniers $2 (1st yr RC)

W: Ovechkin $18, Hintz $17, Pavelski $11, Zacha $10, Kaprizov $7, Johnston $2 (1st yr RC), Reichel $2 (1st yr RC), Bertuzzi $1, Tippet $1

D: Burns $20, Jones $17, Werenski $16 (2nd yr FP), Matheson $5, Spurgeon $1, OEL $1

G: Shesterkin $7, Sorokin $3 (2nd yr RC), Raanta $1

MLP Bench: Rossi, Nazar, Kovalenko, Nikishin, Morrow, Ivanov

Dobber Sports Initiate

Real life and probably point only give me Kap sure, but I don't think as fantasy assets it's really a clear winner either way. Projecting the rest of Kap's career based on 40ish games is no better than projecting the career based on last season's numbers. Even this year, which is the one being held up to prove the Kap side of the argument has per game numbers of:

Kaprizov: 0.45 gpg, 0.75 apg, 1.2 ppg, 3.63 shpg
    Connor : 0.58 gpg, 0.48 apg, 1.06 ppg, 4.5 shpg

So yes, Kap has been the better player this year (and big Kudos for folks that held onto him in the face of sentiment that he wasn't worth Connor!) but if I am in a goal heavy league or need shots Connor is comparable if not better option, and honestly this "win" for Kap is based on half a season. Finally, yes it's only Kap's second year, but Connor is only 4 months older than Kap. I think that gun to my head I take Kap but I think the jury is still out long term
    8tm Keep 7FWD,4D,1G
    C,3LW,3RW,5D,2G (positional game played cap)
    G(3),A(2),+/-(1),PM(0.5),PPP(1),GW(1),S(0.4),W(4),SV(0.2),GA(-1),SO(2)
    C:Aho, Barkov, Pavelski(RW), Nugent-Hop(LW)
    R:Rantanen, Pasta, Konecny
    L:Guentzel, Gaudreau, Keller(RW), Benn
    D:Makar, Karlsson, Sergachev, Dobson, Hronek, Sanderson
    G:Vasilevskiy, Hart, Kuemper, Kotchetkov, Husso

Dobber Sports Veteran

Right now in my multicats league, they are equal
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Quote Originally Posted by berni67 View Post
    Right now in my multicats league, they are equal
    I guess it depends on the league, but in mine Kaps #7 vs Connor #47. So in multicat they are close to a wash but in points it’s not really close so I think Kap is the safer and also most upside pick as well.
    8 Team Keeper League
    Keep 35 at the end of the year+5 JR slots(can be kept for 3 yrs after draft or less than 10 NHL games)

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots

Farm: Hagel, Petersen, Yamamoto, R. Strome, Addison Bjorkstrand ,JEEK, Duchene, Hartman, Severson, Burakovsky ,Nicushkin, Barbashev

Dobber Sports Star

noone wouldve rationally traded an established kyle connor for kirill when this thread first started. At the end of kirill's rookie season, it was MUCH closer. Now its all about preference and how you feel about their trajectory moving forward.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Quote Originally Posted by kovalchuk17 View Post
    noone wouldve rationally traded an established kyle connor for kirill when this thread first started. At the end of kirill's rookie season, it was MUCH closer. Now its all about preference and how you feel about their trajectory moving forward.
    That may be correct, but the other way around could hold true too. I know I don’t think I would’ve traded Kap 1 for 1 with Connor
    8 Team Keeper League

Roster:
    17F
    8D
    3G
    12Farm
    5 JR spots