Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Kaprizov or Connor?

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Kaprizov or Connor?

Quote Originally Posted by Avs31 View Post
    Panarin level.
    In terms of pure points output, I honestly believe Connor won't be that far from this at his peak..
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by renello View Post
    And this is why some people win their pools consistantly and some don't.
    Upside is a dangerous thing in fantasy. I've seen many a "talented" owner make terrible decisions while trying to find the next big thing and passing over the current great thing.

And I love it every time.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Avs31 View Post
    Because he will be a ppg player this year with shitty linemates compared to connor who has great linemates, Imagine once he gets better linemates(Rossi, Boldy etc). Panarin level. He’s literally playing with a mix of Victor Rask, Bjustad etc at Centre and keeps producing and driving the play.
    THIS !!!!!!

I get why people are concerned about KK not reaching his potential, but he's quite different than your average 19/20 year old rookie. KK has all ready proven he can dominate playing with grown men. He stepped into the NHL and all ready looks like a seasoned vet. I think there is very little chance he busts. And if he doesn't bust, we are talking about a top 25-30 player easily. As good as Connor is...... he's not that. And the fact that he is older is even more reason to suggest we are seeing the real deal. Doesn't look like there will be too many growing pains. KK could easily be a 100 point player once they surround him with Rossi and other talent.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Deity

My issue with everyone who is cheering for Kaprizov (and dont get me wrong, I think the kid will be an excellent hockey player eventually) here, is that you are mostly saying "just wait until such-and-such reaches his potential to help Kaprizov be a better player". The way I see it, you are all basing your hopes on Kaprizov reaching the next level and his full potential, on someone else reaching their potential eventually.

Potential is great and all, but you can't base your hopes on potential when the other option is guarantee. We KNOW what Connor is and for all we know, he could still have more. Kaprizov might reach Connor's current output pace someday. He might not. That old saying "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" usually comes into my mind when these discussions happen.

If the age gap was significant between the two, I can see why Kaprizov might be the more appealing option, but for me, I'll take the bird in the hand.

Fun discussion!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    THIS !!!!!!

I get why people are concerned about KK not reaching his potential, but he's quite different than your average 19/20 year old rookie. KK has all ready proven he can dominate playing with grown men. He stepped into the NHL and all ready looks like a seasoned vet. I think there is very little chance he busts. And if he doesn't bust, we are talking about a top 25-30 player easily. As good as Connor is...... he's not that. And the fact that he is older is even more reason to suggest we are seeing the real deal. Doesn't look like there will be too many growing pains. KK could easily be a 100 point player once they surround him with Rossi and other talent.
    Connor was 15th in points last year...I think people don't understand how good he is. I consider him a Rocket trophy candidate.
    10 Team Limited Keeper (Keep 8) Points Only
    SALARY CAP (Player Salaries) League
    20 Player Teams = 12 Fwd 6 D 2 G

My team: ???

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Luffy D Monkey View Post
    Connor was 15th in points last year...I think people don't understand how good he is. I consider him a Rocket trophy candidate.
    should be top 10 this year
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

THIS !!!!!!

Connor is already a top 25-30 player. Rocket candidate for sure. He is what 4 months older? Your argument is left wanting on many levels. But carry on and enjoy hockey.
    10 Owner Keepers. Keep 8

Positions----C:3 LW:3 RW:3 D:6 G:2
    Skaters: Assists/Blocks/FOW/Goals/Hits/SOG/STP
    Defense premium 1.5/1 Goalies: GA/SV/W

Kootenay League

C: Draisaitl(c,l), Zibanejad, Beniers, Nelson
    RW:Meier(l,r), Kyrou, Tippett, D.Stome(c,r), Stone
    LW: Tkachuk(l,r), Panarin, McCann(c,l), Marchessault(l,r),
    D: Josi, McAvoy, Morrissey, Montour, Toews, Hronek, Severson, Orlov
    G: Gustavsson, Kuemper, Gibson

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    Connor is 4 months older, not a year.
    Wow. I'll admit I only remember players by their birth year and not specific months. So in my mind, Connor is 96 and Kaprizov is 97. 4 months is not alot.

Kyle put up 73 pts in 71 games. 38 of which were goals with a high SOGs rate in his age 23 season. Kaprizov would need to put up point per game THIS season for me to maybe consider him just as good a young player.

THIS !!!!!!

Kaprizov is 23, not 19/20.
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

The Great One

So what part of similar shooting % numbers and double the shot output for Connor didn't we understand?

This boils down to those voting for Kaprizov because they are emotional about this exciting new player vs. the numbers that clearly say Connor is and will be the better fantasy producer. That's what I'm getting out of the above posts.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    So what part of similar shooting % numbers and double the shot output for Connor didn't we understand?

This boils down to those voting for Kaprizov because they are emotional about this exciting new player vs. the numbers that clearly say Connor is and will be the better fantasy producer. That's what I'm getting out of the above posts.

Haha that is 100% what I got! The Hype/Potential vs Proven Player.
    Like others have stated the age gap is so minimal that they both have many years of good hockey ahead of them, though Kyle has already proven skills at the NHL level. Even if he has the better linemates. The Thrill is still a good year behind Kyle for sure, KHL to NHL is still a heck of a transition and another year or so until the Wild get anything seriously established around Kirill.

Dobber Sports Stud

I think Kaprizov. But it’s hard to tell after so few games. Connor is great. But Kap to me looks like he could be elite. And I wouldn’t exactly say Connor is elite. Just a smidge or so below. But he can always still jump another level.

But Kap to me kind of looks like he could reach that Laine, top 30 type tier. Based on skill and what I’ve been able to catch.

Connor definitely safer option at the moment though.

Kap, risk/reward.
    Laine? Kyle Connor is already as good as Laine and getting better every year so far.
    #1 Yahoo Keep 5, 14 teams
    C, C, RW, LW, F, F, D, D, D, Uti, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN
    G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, FOW~W, L, GAA, Sv%, saves, SO

McDavid C
    , Kadri C, Zibanejad C, Mackinnon C, Boldy LW/RW, Backlund C, Duchene C/RW, Fantilli C, Batherson LW/RW, Forsberg LW, Zegras C IR, Mintyukov D, Dunn D, Seider D, Hellebucyk G, Kochetkov, Bobrovsky G

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by J0e Th0rnton View Post
    Laine? Kyle Connor is already as good as Laine and getting better every year so far.
    I would almosyt even argue that he's better than Laine at this point...... Laine could surpass him for sure, but right I know which player I'd rather have.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    I would almosyt even argue that he's better than Laine at this point...... Laine could surpass him for sure, but right I know which player I'd rather have.
    In my books, Connor > Laine until proven otherwise.
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I agree . Connor is one of the most underrated players in the league . I’d trade Kap for him .
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Looks like the owner wants Kaprizov + Boeser for just Connor....