Thread: Crosby v Hall

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Crosby v Hall

12 team Partial keeper, points only, 24 player roster with 12 player prospect roster. I have a young team just starting to come into contention. Realistically I may need another year but if Robert Thomas is the real deal and Kaprizov and Dahlin make hay then I could at least put up a respectable showing as soon as this year.

I am thinking about a trade for either Crosby or Hall, or maybe Ovi or Giroux. They're all owned by teams in full on rebuild mode and will be getting sold at some point soon to the highest bidder. I think Ovi is too old, and Giroux is older and has only had 2 seasons above ppg in the last 5 or 6 I think. If the price is similar, does Hall make more sense as he's only 29 and likely would be a ppg guy (I'd hope) for another bunch of years? Or is Crosby too good and he's going to put up 120 points until he's 55? Seriously though, does buying 3-5 years of Crosby make sense? Likely price will be a good prospect and a 1st round pick (I've been asked about Owen Tippett).

As it's a partial keeper, guys I'd be looking at having to drop at the end of this year if I trade for one of these guys would be someone like Hertl, Forsberg, Voracek, maybe Girard or Pulock. Not sure it's worth it, what do you think?
    Thanks in advance.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Crosby v Hall

I would honestly only trade for those guys if you really think you can compete now. If not, I would do the opposite and look for a few more young guys, trading away some older assets like Voracek and Girard and investing in either young players or picks. If you think you can actually compete for a title now, then that might make sense. I would only go for Hall at a discount. Crosby will be expensive, but could be worth it. Same with Ovi. Hall and Giroux though not for me. But that's only if you think you can win this year, next, and maybe 2 years out. I wouldn't invest in these players if I wasn't looking to contend until 3 years. though I would rather try to get a guy like Dach if his owner would move him because hes out injured. Or someone under the radar now like Hischier. Assuming the Jack Hughe's of the world aren't gettable. etc... Rossi might be another one. Um.. I might consider investing in say a 28 year old though who will still be viable when your team comes into their own. Someone you can get maybe cheaper right now too could be like Boeser, Barzal, and I guess Hischier fits into this, guys who had great 1s years, and have kind of tailed off temporarily, who could still make the jump to the next level. And who have lost that rookie shine.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)