Thread: Two trades: veto worthy?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Two trades: veto worthy?

I am the commissioner. I don’t like trade vetoes and so we don’t have votes. A new player, and six of our players are new this year, has never played roto and found himself in last place, four days in. He decided wholesale changes were needed. These are the two trades that were accepted. I’m getting some grief. He might actually have quit because of the reaction. I cannot get him to respond.

12 teams. 4 each C, RW, LW and 6 D. 2 G. Categories: G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, Hits and Blocks.

Trade one: he gives up Guentzel and drops Toffoli to get Rielly Smith and Kapanen.

Trade two: he gives up Couture, Krejci, Boeser and Holtby to get Jonathan Toews.

The guy giving up Toews was the first to complain. Writing them both out, they both seems nuts but someone might have a different take. What do you think?

The Great One

Default Re: Two trades: veto worthy?

I can see trade #1 but #2 makes no sense. That one feels like collusion for sure. I guess the guy could be that bad at fantasy. Without knowing the climate and personalities involved it’s hard to say.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If Toews were healthy, he’s an animal in FOW leagues. It was actually the guy giving up Toews who accepted the trade and then had second thoughts and objected.

Dobber Sports Deity

Both trades aren't great but the 2nd one is just had LOL!

I'd love to hear his reasoning for both trades, if he ever gets back to you. If in fact he has quit, reverse both trades and replace him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

I have no response for any of it then if it’s the guy giving up Toews who is complaining. If Toews were healthy and logging 25 mins a night it’s still bloody awful trade. That GM needs to go if you care about a competitive league.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Thanks. Neither of the other guys was going to throw a fit, so I canceled them. I think it was a day three overreaction that actually resulted in action. He saw himself with 29 points, 30 points behind second last, and having never played roto, thought it was already over. So, he started making changes. Others pointed out he was doing silly things and he became either offended or embarrassed and now he won’t talk to me.