Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mets fire GM

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Mets fire GM

Just over a month after being hired. What is with these pigs?

Also...this has to be one of the shortest GM reigns in history.

Breaking: The Mets have fired GM Jared Porter, according to owner Steve Cohen.

The news comes less than 24 hours after ESPN's
    @minakimes
    and
    @JeffPassan
    reported that Porter sent graphic, uninvited text messages and images to a female reporter in 2016 when he was with the Cubs.
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...d-chicago-cubs

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Mets fire GM

What an idiot. You'd think by now they'd realize they arent going to get away with this foolishness. Disgusting piece of crap.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Men are legitimately disgusting. How does this still happen and how do people think they're getting away with this?

He sent 62 texts without a response from the reporter including a "bulge" picture, then he sent a full on richard pic. Like...wtf. She left being a reporter I think because of his actions.

After even being told to stop and how outline he was by the reporter he continued to text her apologizing over multiple hours.

This guy also got 2 jobs after this incident btw. ESPN knew about it in 2017 after the reporter came forward to ESPN but decided not to let ESPN come out with the story since it would have been damaging to her career. But she has since left the job and said for ESPN to let the story out.

If ESPN knew, I bet you teams had feels about this.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Just over a month after being hired. What is with these pigs?

Also...this has to be one of the shortest GM reigns in history.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...d-chicago-cubs
    I see what you did there

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

The Great One

Well, at least he lost his job over this. There was a time not long ago, and it likely still happens in some organizations, when nothing would have been done about this. I'd say "good for the Mets", but really this should be what is expected, at the very least. If I sent pics of my junk to one of my company's customers or affiliates, I sure as hell would be fired. Heck, there's a good chance I'd face criminal charges for sexual harassment.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    Well, at least he lost his job over this. There was a time not long ago, and it likely still happens in some organizations, when nothing would have been done about this. I'd say "good for the Mets", but really this should be what is expected, at the very least. If I sent pics of my junk to one of my company's customers or affiliates, I sure as hell would be fired. Heck, there's a good chance I'd face criminal charges for sexual harassment.
    Mets get 0 benefit of the doubt after their last 2 hires have lasted about 2months combined (Beltran for Manager, this dipnut for GM)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Mets get 0 benefit of the doubt after their last 2 hires have lasted about 2months combined (Beltran for Manager, this dipnut for GM)
    Cohen needs to invest in his vetting department more than his on field situation.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Star

As a Met fan, I'm glad that the new ownership took swift action and declared there's a zero tolerance policy for it.

10 team H2H !Y League (4 keepers - at least 1 must be a D-man OR Goalie)
    Start - 2C, 2L, 2R, 1U, 3D, 2G, 6Bench,​ 2IR, 2IR+ (Daily) (5 moves per week)
    Skaters - G, A, +/-, PPP,
    PIM, HITS, BS, GWG, SOG
    Goalies - Wins, Saves, S%, GAA (Min. 4 starts)
    Championships 2007, 2009, 2012, 2016, 2017,
    2019*, 2023

C-McDavid, Trocheck, Thomas
    L-B.Tkachuk(C/L), Forsberg, Hyman(L/R)
    R-Svechnikov(L/R) Konecny(L/R) P. Kane, Zucc
    D-Dahlin, ​Josi, McAvoy, Montour
    G-​​DeSmith, Thompson, Hill, Grubauer
    IR
    -Demko

Dobber Sports Immortal

This will go on the big list of thing under "of course the Mets did this". Mets and Jets just can't do things right if they tried.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by islefan31 View Post
    As a Met fan, I'm glad that the new ownership took swift action and declared there's a zero tolerance policy for it.
    Zero Tolerance when the public found out.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Awesome that he got canned.
    With 20+ years of interacting with the work-world, I've noticed and told my wife that I'm amazed how many sellout/disgusting/old-boys-club men that end up in corporate management.
    The best men/fathers/husbands I know have good jobs - but they aren't management of high-end companies.
    I have some past acquantances (part of "friend groups"... but not friends) that went on to upper management of big companies... making $150k+. All.major.d-bags.

Great to see this stuff being cleaned up.
    (But it has to be cleaned up all the way to the top before it can finally trickle down. Is it Jan20th yet?)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Men are legitimately disgusting. How does this still happen and how do people think they're getting away with this?

He sent 62 texts without a response from the reporter including a "bulge" picture, then he sent a full on richard pic. Like...wtf. She left being a reporter I think because of his actions.

After even being told to stop and how outline he was by the reporter he continued to text her apologizing over multiple hours.

This guy also got 2 jobs after this incident btw. ESPN knew about it in 2017 after the reporter came forward to ESPN but decided not to let ESPN come out with the story since it would have been damaging to her career. But she has since left the job and said for ESPN to let the story out.

If ESPN knew, I bet you teams had feels about this.
    Sorry 2014OG, this MAN is legitimately disgusting. Every guy doesn't deserve to be lumped in with this dude. You think after 60 or 61 texts, he might have been able to figure it out. Outright sexual harrassment from a person with power to affect her career. A real d-bag who ought to have known better, but likely didn't think he'd be held accountable. Glad he was fired.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    Sorry 2014OG, this MAN is legitimately disgusting. Every guy doesn't deserve to be lumped in with this dude. You think after 60 or 61 texts, he might have been able to figure it out. Outright sexual harrassment from a person with power to affect her career. A real d-bag who ought to have known better, but likely didn't think he'd be held accountable. Glad he was fired.
    I feel like if you talked to any female under the age of 35, they'd agree that men as a broad paint stroke are disgusting. But I didn't think I'd have to distinguish that I do understand that this man is disgusting, but not every man in the world is like this one.

Not really an argument I thought I'd have to clarify

Dobber Sports Ninja

I feel like if you talked to any female under the age of 35, they'd agree that men as a broad paint stroke are disgusting. But I didn't think I'd have to distinguish that I do understand that this man is disgusting, but not every man in the world is like this one.

Not really an argument I thought I'd have to clarify
    Is it wrong to generalize roughly half the population as disgusting? Yes, yes it is. Every PERSON should be judged on their actions. Period. Maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age and it's past my bedtime. Have a good night, man. (insert smiley face emoji here)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This will go on the big list of thing under "of course the Mets did this". Mets and Jets just can't do things right if they tried.
    You missed the Knicks.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.