Thread: P7's MLK-Day Tradition

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default P7's MLK-Day Tradition

It's the noon game... by radio feed.
    For those that don't know how... there is something very peaceful and, cerebral (IMO), about listening to a hockey game.
    I'm at work so that's how I enjoy some MLK-day hockey! (which many teams do every years, especially BOS & NYI)
    I love, love, love that the NHL provides direct "Listen" (/radio) feeds for almost every game.

Steps:
    NHL.com
    Click a game at header, click "GameCenter".
    Then go to "Listen" just below the score.
    Pick your feed: DET or CBJ.

I grew up listening to the Wings in the 80s on WJR760 Detroit using a small radio that I kept right next to my bed.
    Great memories... I honestly think there's a whole extra level of hockey one learns from listening to two commentators call the game.

I'm not sure if this direct link will work or not:
    https://www.nhl.com/video/columbus-b...12/c-000999117

EDIT: Thomas Greiss just stoned Seth Jones on a penalty shot. Sounded "unbelievable".

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: P7's MLK-Day Tradition

That sounds nice. At first I assumed your MLK day tradition was forgetting to do your lines on time.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Bruce Martyn was fantastic radio voice of the Wings.
    I used to listen to games on radio all the time, still do.
    Agreed on listening to hockey games on the radio has a great dynamic to it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    It's the noon game... by radio feed.
    For those that don't know how... there is something very peaceful and, cerebral (IMO), about listening to a hockey game.
    I'm at work so that's how I enjoy some MLK-day hockey! (which many teams do every years, especially BOS & NYI)
    I love, love, love that the NHL provides direct "Listen" (/radio) feeds for almost every game.

Steps:
    NHL.com
    Click a game at header, click "GameCenter".
    Then go to "Listen" just below the score.
    Pick your feed: DET or CBJ.

I grew up listening to the Wings in the 80s on WJR760 Detroit using a small radio that I kept right next to my bed.
    Great memories... I honestly think there's a whole extra level of hockey one learns from listening to two commentators call the game.

I'm not sure if this direct link will work or not:
    https://www.nhl.com/video/columbus-b...12/c-000999117

EDIT: Thomas Greiss just stoned Seth Jones on a penalty shot. Sounded "unbelievable".
    I do this but with my SiriuxXM radio feed, listening to the CBJ feed.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Immortal

Sounds pretty great. I spent my university years listening to every Wings game. Definitely very relaxing. The only thing that might beat it is listening to a Jays game in the summer after a busy morning. Preferably during a nap.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post

It was awesome. Greiss just scooped the puck away from Jones!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Grand Master

While I like hockey on the radio, it's only the sport I listen to 4th most on the radio, behind baseball, college basketball and NBA basketball. For some reason, I find hockey too fast with frequent line changes to work as well for me as the other sports - one can easily know who is actively playing at the moment in the other sports. Football is just a mess.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.