Thread: Who wins this trade

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Who wins this trade

Points only Keeper league.

Who wins this trade:

Romanov Mtl
    for
    Norris Ott

Assume that my roster is well balanced and I can have a swap of two different positional players.

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: Who wins this trade

Norris. And I'm a habfan and Romanov owner. He won't be elite for pts in fantasy purposes anytime soon if at all.
    Contract Fantrax 14 teams, 8 keepers. 4 max lifers +/-
    3C, 3LW, 3RW, 1F. 5D,2G....5Reserves.
    Goal heavy. G=3.5 A=2 Add 0.5pts for D.
    Goalies:W=3,SO=4,start=2,Save=.1
    Assist +4, OF loss +1 loss= -1 Goal against -1
    C:MACKINNON,Kadri,Rossi,Thompson
    LW: KANE,HUBERDEAU,Marchand,kotkaniemi,Colton,N.Robert son
    RW:KUCHEROV,RANTANEN,Kessel,Bjorkstrand
    FOX,BURNS,Jones,Girard,lundkist,Hanafin
    G:CAMPBELL,Swayman
    Minors:Mctavish,Johnson

Dobber Sports Deity

Pretty early in both kids careers to really know who will end up winning this deal today, but for now I'd take Norris because forwards will usually get more points than Dmen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

Difficult to declare a winner.

First of, we are not talking of elite producer prospects here. Morrover, it is even worst when involving a D vs F.

Even for me...

Dobber Sports Ace

It completely depends on the league, scoring, YOUR roster and roster size, prospects/players available on WW etc....

So, in some of my deep dynasty leagues, especially where I am competing to win or with a lot of teams and thus long rounds, I might very well move a very good forward prospect for D prospect. I wouldn't move like a Zegras, Lafreniere, Dach type of prospect. But Norris is a different matter. Romanov is one of those prospects I would consider moving a Norris for. What this would depend on for me is how bad do I need another D man? Would it be easier to replace Norris as a prospect compared to Romanov? And I usually find, D's like Romanov are harder to come by than forwards like Norris. Like, I was still able to pick up a Tomasino, Pelletier, etc... off the WW at the end of last year. For example, I got Barzal fairly cheaply the year he broke out because there were so many forward prospects that year, and no one knew which ones would likely succeed beyond the top 10 or so. But guys like Tomasino, Pelletier etc..they would all have been taken in this year's draft, in which case it's unlikely I would have gotten Tomasino. So end of the year I usually am able to grab a nice forward prospect who will almost certainly go in the following year's draft. These are usually guys drafted the year you are playing, who breakout back in the OHL or something to gain value for the following year.
    But D's like Romanov are scarcely available. There are usually far less likely successful higher end D prospects than forward prospects. And the way I determine that is like how sure of a thing are they. Romanov is as close to a sure thing, outside of the Makars and Dhalins as there is. I would feel MUCH better having a guy like Romanov than say, Lassi Thomson, Harley etc... Where as I am fairly ok with a guy like Tomasino, McMichael, Zary, or in the past like Foudy or Suzuki maybe relative to Norris. While D men are usually not worth as much as equivalent forwards, they are also far more difficult to predict and far less likely to be productive. So if there was a guy like Romanov or maybe KAndre Miller, who looked like they stood a high chance of succeeding and becoming at least fantasy relevant, I might very well make that deal and then look to pick up a late 1st round Center or Forward that people might not be paying as much attention to relative to like Byfield or Zegras etc.... Make sense? In leagues with prospects, I constantly try to acquire forward prospects as cheaply as possible, because latter 1st round guys tend to go pretty cheaply compared to near sure thing D men with offensive potential.

Please help with mine, thanks: https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...91#post2101091
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the advice.
    I have Romanov and have decided to not make the trade.