Thread: Newbie looking 4 Advice!

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Newbie looking 4 Advice!

In a 10 cat league and I have G Driedger. The 4 G cats are...
    I'm leading SV% .925/.912 and
    I'm leading GAA 2.46/3.02 and
    We are Tied @ W 3-3, SHO 0-0.
    My rookie question is should I sit Driedger since I know my opponent can't improve his G stats? Or start him in his good matchup and hope for a W/SHO?

The Magnificent One

Default Re: Newbie looking 4 Advice!

Sorry for late reply. For future reference would have helped to share other stats and if this is between a win or lose.

If you sat him would it secure a win?
    If you played him and lost the two stats you are winning would you lose?
    Or either way doesn’t matter you would win or lose..

Hope you made the right call ��
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by newper114 View Post
    Sorry for late reply. For future reference would have helped to share other stats and if this is between a win or lose.

If you sat him would it secure a win?
    If you played him and lost the two stats you are winning would you lose?
    Or either way doesn’t matter you would win or lose..

Hope you made the right call ��
    Yep the more info the better. But as long as the offensive cats were all up in the air, I would be benching him in your situation.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Sorry for the lack of info. I did start him and fortunately it worked out for me. I didn't realize my first post was going through a review period before it reaches the forums. The benefit of starting him was to try to win the two cats in which we were tied(W,SHO). The problem was it was at the risk of changing the cats I was in the lead on(SV%,GAA). Since my opponent didn't have a G on Sunday and it is the last day of our matchup. I wasn't sure how to weigh out the risk/reward for starting him or not. Anyways, I got lucky with starting him. I now won the W cat and nothing changed on the cats I was leading. I do want to say thank you for your advice cause I will be using it next time rookie mistake, but got lucky, lol!

Dobber Sports Rookie

As far as the other 6 cats, I already have 3 locked up for sure, so it's not going to affect weather I win or lose. It's more for my record and standings(5-3-2), or go for (7-3), but was(6-3-1). Sorry for leaving out important info. Thx again for all your advice!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Welcome to the forums.

I would've sat him, since you knew you had those goalie categories locked up, it worked out for you.

I will suggest to post in the goalie forum specifically for goalie-specific stuff, as it will stand out much more. Good luck!
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Math!

Here... you do the math.
    That's a pretty big lead in SV%/GAA... so I usually like to say "What if my guy gives up 3 quick goals, gets pulled, no SV..."
    That can happen.

You figure out all your starts, minutes, goals against, add the 3 goals... and find out if you are still winning SV%/GAA.

It's a general way of saying:
    *IF you have a BIG-ASS-LEAD in GAA/SV%... go ahead and start him, chase the win... it won't hurt your GAA/SV%.
    (it it's a "small-ass-lead"... sit him next time!)