Thread: Top 4 prospects for next year?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Top 4 prospects for next year?

Hi,

I'm tanking this year and wanted to know the short list of the top 4 players that are a tier above the rest of the crop? I'm seeing guys like Power, Clarke, Raty mentioned. Positions don't matter, i would want to draft the best available. I will definitely have a top 4 pick as we do a draft lottery for the 4 teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Our league cats are: G, A, SOG, FOW, PPP, H, BLKS, PIMS, W, SV%, GAA, SO

Cheers

For the record, I'm only tanking because our league fee this year is 1/4 the price due to the shortened season and covid. I could care less about winning a title for this asterisk of a season
    10 Teams
    Keeper max 18 of 23 + 5 minors
    NHL Cap Hit
    G, A, SOG, HITS, BLKS, STP, FOW, Takeaways
    W, GAA, SV%, SO

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Trocheck, Fantilli, Staal, Glendening, Mittlestadt, Bjugstad

W
    B. Tkachuk, Pastrnak,
    Perfetti, Giroux, Byfield, Reinhart, Svechnikov, Quinn

D
    Lauzon, Schenn, Englund, Hakanpaa, Korchinski

G
    Sorokin, Ersson

Minors
    Wallstedt, Wolf, Jiricek

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Top 4 prospects for next year?

Way early but I like Guenther, Berniers, Eklund, Power and Raty is still an option.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Initiate

#

Tier

name

Owen Power
    position

D
    2 1 Kent Johnson A
    3 1 Luke Hughes D
    4 1 Matthew Berniers A
    5 1 Dylan Guenther A
    6 1 Aatu Raty A
    7 1 Brandt Clarke D
    8 2 William Eklund A
    9 2 Carson Lambos D
    10 2 Simon Edvinsson D
    11 2 Fabian Lysell A
    12 2 Jesper Wallstedt G
    13 3 Cole Sillinger A
    14 3 Simon Robertsson A
    15 3 Daniil Chayka D
    16 3 Chaz Lucius A

This is my ranking right now. Positions are probably going to change tho s more players start to play.
    * Wallstedt should be higher, but I already have a goalie
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Stud

Not the best draft year to be tanking fantasy wise...2022 on the other hand is the one to tank for.

This year is all defense pretty much; that wallstedt kid could be a very good goalie but offense is few and far between. Covid is making this draft a mess

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by HonkyTonkMan View Post
    Not the best draft year to be tanking fantasy wise...2022 on the other hand is the one to tank for.

This year is all defense pretty much; that wallstedt kid could be a very good goalie but offense is few and far between. Covid is making this draft a mess
    I find this comment is common when there's no clear stud, or if the stud is a D. There's quality in every draft.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Hi,

I'm tanking this year and wanted to know the short list of the top 4 players that are a tier above the rest of the crop? I'm seeing guys like Power, Clarke, Raty mentioned. Positions don't matter, i would want to draft the best available. I will definitely have a top 4 pick as we do a draft lottery for the 4 teams that didn't make the playoffs.

Our league cats are: G, A, SOG, FOW, PPP, H, BLKS, PIMS, W, SV%, GAA, SO

Cheers

For the record, I'm only tanking because our league fee this year is 1/4 the price due to the shortened season and covid. I could care less about winning a title for this asterisk of a season
    First off, if you're tanking for this year, you're probably tanking for a few years -- unless your idea of tanking is taking on injured players (which might be a smart plan). But the players being listed above aren't helping you next season more than likely, and your roster looks weak for a 10-teamer (sorry to be blunt).

I'd be less worried about next year's draft class, and more concerned with nabbing the young stars closer to NHL action -- or those already in the NHL. Trying to get a slow starting Dahlin+ for Hedman, seeing if you can move Perron for some youth. I'd establish your core group and be willing to move anyone else for younger, higher upside players. Parayko, Hintz, Pageau, Tarasenko if he comes back healthy, Chychrun... they'd all be on the block IMO....especially in a keep 16.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev