Thread: Gooding and TDA

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Gooding and TDA

So, according to Gooding, TDA has “character issues” because he supports Trump. I understand the post itself is an opinion piece where we get editorializing of that writer’s subjective views on what is objectively happening with that player, but we come to fantasy sports to escape politics.
    Last edited by captaincrunch32; January 17, 2021 at 9:49 AM. Reason: Used wrong term

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: Gooding and TDA

DeAngelo's character issues go further back than his Trump support. The article is even dismissive of his political leanings. It seems like you're just trying to make something out of nothing because you don't actually go anywhere to escape politics, you drag them around with you. To here, for example.

from nearly seven years ago Sarnia's Anthony DeAngelo suspended for slur directed at ...

He's always been an ******* but he has talent offensively, at the expense of defensive ability. When he can't offset his being a densive liability with offsense he's going to sit. Him being an ******* isn't helping him and that's exactly what the article says. You're just latching onto a line tagged to the end of a paragraph that starts with "I should acknowledge that..."

If you didn't notice by the way, the Rangers shut out the Isles with DeAngelo scratched.

The Great One

Talk about falling stock.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Veteran

He'll be back. I can't remember last time I heard rumblings of him getting into it with his teamates so if he is being a professional with the team he'll get his chances. Him being off twitter can only be a good thing.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    So, according to Gooding, TDA has “character issues” because he supports Trump. I understand the post itself is an opinion piece where we get editorializing of that writer’s subjective views on what is objectively happening with that player, but we come to fantasy sports to escape politics.
    Link?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Link?
    From Ian's Rambling's today: "I should acknowledge that he is also well-known for his conduct on social media and strong support of a certain US politician, which isn't going to help his cause." This just seems so unnecessary. When you start discussing politics you start to alienate half of your audience. While it may seem like, in our own echo chambers, that everyone thinks just like us...they don't. Let's just leave it on the ice.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Twitter is a cesspool. I think athletes and celebrities look at it as a way to market themselves and make themselves more accessible to their fans but the minute you bring up politics, you alienate half your audience. Twitter and FB do not represent what is happening in the lives of 80 percent of normal, every day folks just looking to get by. I don't want to know what someone's political leanings are. I just want to watch them play a sport that I can't play and accumulate fantasy points for my team.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by captaincrunch32 View Post
    From Ian's Rambling's today: "I should acknowledge that he is also well-known for his conduct on social media and strong support of a certain US politician, which isn't going to help his cause." This just seems so unnecessary. When you start discussing politics you start to alienate half of your audience. While it may seem like, in our own echo chambers, that everyone thinks just like us...they don't. Let's just leave it on the ice.
    If you look at the full piece, the article is focused on TDA's value in fantasy hockey, IMO. That he was awful defensively in the first game doesn't help. That he was scratched for the 2nd game doesn't help. And whether you like it or not, being a distraction off the ice (regardless of what that distraction is), also doesn't help. It's not just one factor that make TDA's fantasy stock risky, it's a combination of things, including his off-ice behaviour and history. Anyways, that's just how I took his article after reading it.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If TDA was under performing on the ice but was a strong supporter of Joe Biden, would that be considered an off ice distraction worthy of inclusion in the article?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Yes, if he's an ******* about it. Now quit harping about it. 80 percent of normal, every day folks just looking to get by, can see a factual statement like "I should acknowledge that he is also well-known for his conduct on social media and strong support of a certain US politician, which isn't going to help his cause." tacked onto a paragraph and not be triggered by it. You are the 20% of the cesspool that is twitter/facebook. Stop bringing it here, or save it for the whining section.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yikes, this kind of rhetoric is dangerous. I'm no lawyer, but I'm pretty sure what you are suggesting is called murder and potentially a hate crime. Not cool.

Editted to remove DGs quote.