Thread: Dreidger worth an add for now?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Dreidger worth an add for now?

With Bob technically being on IR as "unfit to play," is anyone looking to give Dreidger a chance to see how he fares in the first one or two games vs Chicago at least?

If he starts well, couple that with Bob traditionally being a slow starter, no training camp, and his current designation...maybe Dreidger earns more time, despite Bob being paid enough to be an undisputed starter?
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek

Administrator

Default Re: Dreidger worth an add for now?

I think he's worth it as a spot-start for game #1. Beyond that he's as risky as any other backup. If the move doesn't cost you anything in the big picture go for it.

Is Casey Desmith available? I think he could be in for a decent short-term run. Jarry has already pooped the bed twice. Bobrovsky hasn't had any rough outings yet.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Dreidger worth an add for now?

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I think he's worth it as a spot-start for game #1. Beyond that he's as risky as any other backup. If the move doesn't cost you anything in the big picture go for it.

Is Casey Desmith available? I think he could be in for a decent short-term run. Jarry has already pooped the bed twice. Bobrovsky hasn't had any rough outings yet.
    Funny enough I am a Jarry owner and Gibson is my only other goalie atm. I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but Jarry could not have had a worse start to the season. Hopefully he can mentally bounce back. DeSmith is available and looked good in his 2.5 periods, but I don't know that an Eastern division tandem will be worth it in the long haul, considering the quality of many opposing offenses (Maybe the NYI one in time, but Varly is owned).

FLA is in a much weaker division for the most part (with the exception of TB) so that was one of my primary considerations along with Dreidger's pretty impressive peripherals last season.
    12-team H2H Yahoo League
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1UTIL, 2G
    G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, HIT
    W, GAA, Sv%, SO

C: Benn (LW), Marchessault (LW), Galchenyuk (RW)
    LW: Ovechkin, Marchand, Pacorietty
    RW: Rust (LW), Buchnevich, Fiala (LW), Zuccarello
    D: Josi, Theodore, Sergachev, Dahlin
    G: Mrazek, Khudobin, Sorokin
    IR: Grzylcek