Thread: Trading a G and D

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Trading a G and D

(I posted this in the trade talks forum, but it's probably a better fit here in the general talk)

Team in my sig. So I have too many Defensemen and Goalies. Without being able to see other teams in my league, and know how highly my players are rated by the other managers, I'm hoping to get a little blind inspiration here. Which of my D and/or G would you be looking to trade? Which would you be very hesitant to trade? Any ideas for forwards that you think make good trade targets at the moment? My team is built to win now, I just tied for first last year, but want an outright title (which I would've gotten because the guy I tied was pacing 15 GPs ahead of me at every position when covid hit, grrrr). With that said, team's starting to get a little old and wouldn't mind finding a forward to help make sure my team doesn't fall off a cliff in the near future. Thanks for any ideas, suggestions, help, etc.!
    16 teams, dynasty league, roto scoring: G, A, +/-, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, SH%, FOW, HIT, BLK; GS, W, L, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO.

C - C.McDavid, V.Trocheck, B.Jenner
    LW - J.Robertson, B.Marchand
    RW - M.Zuccarello, T.Seguin
    W - B.Schenn
    D - J.Morrissey, K.Letang, R.Andersson, S.Jones
    UT - P.Danault
    Bn - D.Krejci, S.Jarvis, A.Newhook, A.Kaliyev, J.Berggren
    NA - H.Lapierre
    G - C.Hellebuyck, J.Markstrom
    Bn - E.Merzlikins
    Inj - T.Teravainen, R.Gudas, T.Demko, R.Lehner, C.Driedger

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trading a G and D

Looks like you start a total of 8 F, 4 D, 1 U, and 2 G, so I'd want something like 3-2-1 plus one at any position as a bench.

I'd argue that you don't have too many D, but I probably wouldn't add another.

You have way too many goalies, and lack forward depth for now with Seguin out. I view Hellebuyck & Markstrom as #1 starters with Grubauer & Lehner as #1A starters, Elvis as a tandem, and Demko as probably the backup right now with upside. You need to move 2 minimum, and it highly depends on what you can get in return.

Grubauer to the Francouz owner might net you a very solid return, likewise Elvis to the Joonas owner.

As far as targets, you need to target the same guys in trade that you'd have been targeting going into the season. Little has changed value-wise, except I'd avoid guys who aren't playing right now due to injury or contract issues.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.