Thread: Kubalik

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Kubalik

Any hope he'll be productive this year? Drafted him as my last forward but with injuries to Dach and Toews I feel he might crash and burn!?
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Kubalik

He's an interesting case - entering sophomore but at 25. He had some great chemistry with Toews, but with Chicago changes, it's tough to say. His shooting percentage was 19% last season when he hit 30 goals. He was solid in the Swiss and Czech leagues, but I would think he's working to acclimate to the NA game, and find chemistry with his new line mates.

I look at him as a streaky goal scorer this year who could regress, prorated, compared to last year. He was drafted high in my opinion, and it's tough to project to the NHL. I mean 30 goals in today's game is bomb - you want that capability...it's the lack of assists, new linemates and no toews that would make me look elsewhere right now

Dobber Sports Deity

I wont lie, I drafted him in one of my limited keeper re-draft leagues and now I am starting to wonder if that was a good idea. He didnt even get 12 mins on opening night and pretty much zero PP time. WTF? How do you limit a guy who scored 30Gs for this team last year to less that 12 mins on opening night? I dont know if thats because Chicago was pinned in their own end all night against TB or what the issue was. I didnt want the game so I dont know. All I can see is the numbers. Maybe some of our resident Blackhawk fans can chime in on what was going on.

It's early so I am not going to panic but it's something I am going to monitor.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Sage

First game he was on a line with Walmark and Pius Suter and was on the 2nd PP. That is not a good recipe for success. He really didn't do much last year when he was on the 3rd line. It wasn't until he was finally put on the 1st line with Toews that he found his groove. I think the Hawks will have to spread out the 1st line and break up Strome/Kane/Debrincat line since they are too easy to defend. I recommend being patient unless you have better options.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I recommend being patient unless you have better options.
    FA options with similar salary or lower that I see would be :
    Debrusk
    Virtanen
    Iafallo
    A. Johnsson
    Kase

Some lower salary FAs available that could give me a bit of cap flexibility :
    Batherson
    Tippitt
    Kyrou

EDIT : I'l add Nolan Patrick to the mix

Am in win now mode so beyond this year doesn't matter as I already more than enough forward keepers.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    First game he was on a line with Walmark and Pius Suter and was on the 2nd PP. That is not a good recipe for success. He really didn't do much last year when he was on the 3rd line. It wasn't until he was finally put on the 1st line with Toews that he found his groove. I think the Hawks will have to spread out the 1st line and break up Strome/Kane/Debrincat line since they are too easy to defend. I recommend being patient unless you have better options.
    Agree with being patient. Kubalik finished last year with 33 pts in his last 35 games, and didn't he have a 5 point game in the playoff bubble?
    Once he got going last year he was a staple next to J.Toews at even strength and on the power play.
    Hawks will definitely mix up the lines (not if but) when they sputter. Its true his high shooting % scared me off a little bit but his value is extremely low right now. I'd wait till there is some news on J.Toews coming back and then I'd try to make a move to acquire Kubalik.