Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Kucherov dropped

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Kucherov dropped

OK thanks all. Had to make the hard choice of dropping Byfield. With us using AAV as salary and him probably being somewhat of a wait before he starts producing I thought he was the best option. Had selected him in the 7th round in my redraft and offered him up to other GMs and no one wanted him. So there you go, I lose trade future trade value for Byfield but gain Kucherov.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post

Right now, you have Huberdeau in your starting lineup. He's not playing till the earliest of Sunday. Could you not bench Huberdeau, Get the trade of Kahun done for the 6th round pick, use the free space to pick up Kucherov?
    Technically yes... but no. Its a season long pts only league (not daily or weekly). We can make no more than 10 trades for free agents (just used my first on Kucherov). We can also make no more than 10 moves from bench to starting lineup during the season.

We have 3 forward slots on our bench. My 3 slots were Pastrnak, Byfield and Zegras. So to stash Kucherov I had to drop one of those 3. The only other option would have been to trade Kubalik (or other) for a smaller salary player and trade Kahun to bring up Zegras. I decided against that as I am in win now and that would have taken production away from 2 of my starting lineup slots.
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    Technically yes... but no. Its a season long pts only league (not daily or weekly). We can make no more than 10 trades for free agents (just used my first on Kucherov). We can also make no more than 10 moves from bench to starting lineup during the season.

We have 3 forward slots on our bench. My 3 slots were Pastrnak, Byfield and Zegras. So to stash Kucherov I had to drop one of those 3. The only other option would have been to trade Kubalik (or other) for a smaller salary player and trade Kahun to bring up Zegras. I decided against that as I am in win now and that would have taken production away from 2 of my starting lineup slots.
    That is an interesting league set up.

I'd say keeping Zegras over Byfield in a points only is prolly the play.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

OK thanks all. Had to make the hard choice of dropping Byfield. With us using AAV as salary and him probably being somewhat of a wait before he starts producing I thought he was the best option. Had selected him in the 7th round in my redraft and offered him up to other GMs and no one wanted him. So there you go, I lose trade future trade value for Byfield but gain Kucherov.
    Great choice! Well done.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

You did what I would've done. I find it odd that the other guy didn't just put Kucherov on the bench, but that's a win for you.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    You did what I would've done. I find it odd that the other guy didn't just put Kucherov on the bench, but that's a win for you.
    He was on his bench. He made 2 moves today : Galchenyuk for Verhaeghe and Kucherov for Höglander. He got the shiny new toy disease and it hit him real bad. haha

Dobber Sports Apprentice

OK, so another GM in my league told me he gets why Kucherov was dropped and told me because of his $9,5M salary he would only pick him in the 5th or 6th round of our redraft but wouldn't protect him as a keeper.

Is this the twilight zone??? Anyone else in a league like this?

I'm pretty happy with my pickup!

OK, so another GM in my league told me he gets why Kucherov was dropped and told me because of his $9,5M salary he would only pick him in the 5th or 6th round of our redraft but wouldn't protect him as a keeper.

Is this the twilight zone??? Anyone else in a league like this?

I'm pretty happy with my pickup!
    It's probably that one guy. He's not realizing how many salaries are above that 9.5M, and how many bad contracts aren't far off. It also highly depends on how many big salaries you have and what the cap is and the rules around moving players up/down. Different leagues have different intricacies.

I'm in a league where a salary of $3M can freely move up & down without waivers, but anything above that requires waivers, so Phillip Danualt's 3,083,333 salary is vastly different rules-wise than Antoine Roussel's 3,000,000 salary.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    It's probably that one guy. He's not realizing how many salaries are above that 9.5M, and how many bad contracts aren't far off. It also highly depends on how many big salaries you have and what the cap is and the rules around moving players up/down. Different leagues have different intricacies.

I'm in a league where a salary of $3M can freely move up & down without waivers, but anything above that requires waivers, so Phillip Danualt's 3,083,333 salary is vastly different rules-wise than Antoine Roussel's 3,000,000 salary.
    This GM always stays away from high salaries and his highest salary this season is Connor and he has Konecny, Gaudreau, Zibanejad as main pieces. He's actually one of the most competitive this season I think but I don't get his stubbornness towards avoiding superstar salaries.

This GM always stays away from high salaries and his highest salary this season is Connor and he has Konecny, Gaudreau, Zibanejad as main pieces. He's actually one of the most competitive this season I think but I don't get his stubbornness towards avoiding superstar salaries.
    So it probably is him. I can get staying away from goalie superstar salaries, but forwards are a different position. Defense is iffy - it seems like that mid-level of overpaid stay at home guys (Esa Lindell comes to mind) is the avoid.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Hope you picked him !!!
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev