Thread: Question on Yandle & Batherson

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Question on Yandle & Batherson

Team in sig.

While I'm waiting to see how the whole Yandle situation pans out (part of me is hoping FLA will take some salary and trade him before their first game), I also want to see if it's worth dropping Yandle for one of the following:

- Romanov - top 4 D with MTL, can be used as my rookie, and seem to help with hits and blocks also.
    - Ekholm
    - Girard - logged good minutes last night, not sure if Toews will steal his PP time
    - K Miller - playing with Trouba, would be good to see if he can deliver multi-cat

Or simply wait out the situation? My worry is those guys will be gone over the next couple days.

On a side note, would you drop Toffoli / Labanc for Batherson? Also rookie eligible for me.

Thanks!
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

The Great One

Default Re: Question on Yandle & Batherson

Good question! I'd drop Yandle. With rosters and the cap the way they are right now - where do you see him going that will give him good value? I love what I saw from Romanov last night. It is just one game and I'd be surprised if he's still available - Julien obviously loves this kid and trusts him. Miller is interesting but I'd feel like I need to see how that Trouba paring looks in a game and how long it lasts. Girard was great last night but as you said, there are way too many roosters in the hen house on that Colorado D. A trade ( to team where he is more of THE guy) would be what Girard needs to really maximize value. Ekholm is steady Eddy. Good but not spectacular production.

I just dropped Yandle in my Dynasty 16 team keeper. If Romanov had been available I'd have done that in a hot second. Unfortunately he wasn't.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Dobber Sports Initiate

Good point on Romanov. I watched the game and he plays like a vet.

I need to activate Kapanen first before I can make a move. Tempted to drop Zegras at this point. Think he'll be with the Ducks this season?

Dobber Sports Titan

Romanov playing in the final minute of regulation, being the QB on PP2, and the fact you didn't really notice him in the defensive end make me like him the most with the highest ceiling of those guys (not noticing a dman in the defensive zone is good lol)
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I like Romanov and Toffoli here.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Added Romanov, dropped Yandle and Zegras.

Drop Toffoli for Batherson? I'm not sure how Toffoli will fit in the line up, he's skating on the 3rd line but I'd expected him to be top 6 given the salary.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Good point on Romanov. I watched the game and he plays like a vet.

I need to activate Kapanen first before I can make a move. Tempted to drop Zegras at this point. Think he'll be with the Ducks this season?
    I don't think Zegras will be with the Ducks this season, but of all players not in the NHL, he might be the most-sought after player, or at least very near the top of that list.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by gogoayane View Post
    Added Romanov, dropped Yandle and Zegras.

Drop Toffoli for Batherson? I'm not sure how Toffoli will fit in the line up, he's skating on the 3rd line but I'd expected him to be top 6 given the salary.
    This one is close. Toffoli had 3 shots and nearly 3 mins of PP time on the first unit. Their line (Kotkaniemi, Armia, TT) looked great. They are going to score some goals if they keep playing like that. It's close enough that I'd keep Toffoli for now and see how the Sens look in their first game or two. If Batherson looks lights out make the swap. Someone else might beat you to it but I think over the season they'll be close. If Batherson struggles a bit and is off that line quickly you still have Toffoli. I think that's how I play this. Meantime, if someone goes on IR for covid or whatever you can grab Batherson and see.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch