Thread: Blackwood vs Jones (yes him)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Blackwood vs Jones (yes him)

W SV% SHO
    Looking for my 3rd Goalie in a deep league.
    I have shesterkin and Georgia handcuffed.
    Talk me off the ledge

I'm debating taking Jones over Blackwood (this season only)

Case for Jones:
    San Jose was #1 PK last year. They have had a ton of rest and due for a better, healthier season. To top it off they are in a division of low scoring troubled teams like Anaheim, LA, Arizona, and a C depleted Minnesota. I don't see shutouts or the best sv%, but surely San Jose can beat the bottom 4 teams on occassion.

Blackwood is, without a doubt, the better goaltender here. But man, the east division is brutal for the devils. I'm not sure there is a team they could beat without a ton of luck. So expecting W SV% and Shutouts from Blackwood is a hard ask.

What do you guys think? I have them both but am trimming the G down to 3.

Cheers! Good luck this season

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Blackwood vs Jones (yes him)

I still like Blackwood here. Dubnyk will get in the way and with no Crawford, the crease is all Blackwood's

Dobber Sports Novice

Definitely Blackwood. The East is loaded, so Shesterkin and Georgiev will likely not be spectactular. But they will get wins and an average to above average SV%. Blackwood's SV% may not be great since he is in the East and there isn't a good defense in front of him. Jones and SJ definitely has bounce-back potential. I'd go with Jones even though he'll have less volume just because the West outside of CO, STL, and VGK is nowhere near as scary.
    In a 12 man league where we start 9F, 5D, 1 skater and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 2 players but if kept in consecutive season, the draft position is subtracted 5 rounds (17th rounder to 12th rounder).

G, A, +/-, PPP, GWG, HIT, BLK, and DEF.

F - Zibenajad, Nugent-Hopkins, Panarin, Marchand, Hoffman, Cirelli, Kaprizov, Josh Anderson, Burakovsky, Kotkaniemi, Hischier, Arvidsson,
    D - Slavin, Doughty, Weber, M. Pettersson, Orlov, McNabb

W, SV, SV% and SO.

G - Varlamov, Sorokin, Lehner, Binnington
    IR - Rossi

BRING HOCKEY TO HOUSTON TEXAS!!!

Dobber Sports Initiate

I'd go Blackwood
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Dubnyk could outplay Jones and take the crease. Wedgewood/Senn isn't nearly the threat.

Give me Blackwood.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.