Thread: Who would you keep?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Who would you keep?

I will only bee able to keep one of Thomas Bordeleau or Hendrix Lapierre

Points only keeper/ dynasty league.

Bordeleau has been rising steady in Michigan and I know Lapierre has a high upside but had the injury issues in his draft year?
    14 team dynasty league points only / H2H
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Goalies - Igor Shesterkin & Karel Vejmalka & Jeremy Swayman.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Who would you keep?

Personally I like Lapierre. There was an article at the athletic in the summer basically outlining how his injury was misdiagnosed, mishandled, and how once they finally sorted it out, things got a lot better (sounded a lot like Crosby with his 'concussion' issues that ended up being more neck related).
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Fugg.
    Tough question.

I've read some prospect gurus that absolutely love Lapierre's upside... and see him more of a 12-16 prospect from the 2020 draft.
    And then I read other prospect gurus who are on the opposite end and don't like him.
    Prospects in the QMJHL, for me, are always tough to read... because guys in that league often put up insane numbers... and many don't translate to the NHL.
    (I mean, that happens from all minors... but for me, I've been burned on Q prospects more than any other league).

Conversely, I find that most prospects that come out of the Michigan hockey program are very dependable.
    They are fundamentally sound and will be NHL-ready.

Graphically by text, I think they pan out like this:

Lapierre (Upside)
    Bordeleau (Upside)
    Bordeleau (Downside)
    Lapierre (Downside)

You'd have to make a call on that yourself.
    I grew up following the Wolverines and can't help having a bias there... so I don't want to recommend!

Dobber Sports Icon

Bordeleau would be my choice.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thats good to know, thanks for the feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Personally I like Lapierre. There was an article at the athletic in the summer basically outlining how his injury was misdiagnosed, mishandled, and how once they finally sorted it out, things got a lot better (sounded a lot like Crosby with his 'concussion' issues that ended up being more neck related).
    draft up to 35 and cut 5 to 30 after one month of season. 13 active 12 bench & 5 prospects.
    dress 7 forwards, 3 defensman, 1 vet ( 31 & older), 1 rookie & 1 goalie per week

Forwards - Stone, J.T.Miller, A. Svechnikov, Mika Zibanijad, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Nico Hischier, Jack Hughes, Elias Lindholm, Quinton Byfield, Filip Chytil, Nick Schmaltz & Jaden Schwartz.

Defense- Cale Makar, Quinn Hughes, Roman Josi, Thomas Chabot, K'Andre Miller & Cam Fowler.

Prospects - Alex Turcotte, Brandt Clarke, Denton Mateychuk , Henry Thrun & Filip Bystedt.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thats the struggle, Bordeleau has that elite ability to slow the game down at the right moment and calmly score or set up a great play. I am intrigued!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Fugg.
    Tough question.

I've read some prospect gurus that absolutely love Lapierre's upside... and see him more of a 12-16 prospect from the 2020 draft.
    And then I read other prospect gurus who are on the opposite end and don't like him.
    Prospects in the QMJHL, for me, are always tough to read... because guys in that league often put up insane numbers... and many don't translate to the NHL.
    (I mean, that happens from all minors... but for me, I've been burned on Q prospects more than any other league).

Conversely, I find that most prospects that come out of the Michigan hockey program are very dependable.
    They are fundamentally sound and will be NHL-ready.

Graphically by text, I think they pan out like this:

Lapierre (Upside)
    Bordeleau (Upside)
    Bordeleau (Downside)
    Lapierre (Downside)

You'd have to make a call on that yourself.
    I grew up following the Wolverines and can't help having a bias there... so I don't want to recommend!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oof, P7 has a very good take on this. If it's me, I roll the dice with "Jimi" Hendrix Lapierre. As M. Night Shalambajambalaya says, swing for the fences.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket