Thread: Crosby + for Connor

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Crosby + for Connor

Crosby + Byfield or Zegras for Kyle Connor. Completely crazy in my situation? No offer has been made just brainstorming. Any better targets you'd try for?

My forward keepers right now should be McDavid, Eichel, Pastrnak, Huberdeau, Crosby, Guentzel and Hughes. With Connor I'd be getting younger and saving around 1,55M on the cap. Byfield and Zegras are most likely trade bait for me as I can't fit them in my keepers. For some reason I've grown to really like Connor and his potential.

League and team in sig.

Thanks
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit
    Active lineup : 20 (12F, 6D, 2G)
    Bench: 6 (3F, 2D, 1G)
    10 trades for FAs + 10 moves between lineup and bench
    G (1 pt), A (1), W (2), SO (2), OTL (1)

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary
    D: Makar, Q. Hughes, Malinski, Durzi, Harley, Sanderson, Clarke, Lundkvist
    G:Sorokin, Demko, Georgiev
    NHL cap : $83.5 cap (bench doesn't count against cap)

The Great One

Default Re: Crosby + for Connor

I'm confused...you are giving up Crosby and Zegras or Byfield for Connor? That seems the opposite of what I would have expected. I would have thought Crosby would be worth more than Connor.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I'm confused...you are giving up Crosby and Zegras or Byfield for Connor? That seems the opposite of what I would have expected. I would have thought Crosby would be worth more than Connor.
    As I said I'm brainstorming. Crosby has little value in my league because of age and salary. I dangled him during the off season with no one showing any interest...well one showed some slight interest but wasn't willing to pay much for him.

Most likely I'll ride him till he eventually falls off a cliff but looking at all possibilities. I feel Connor has another gear and could be as productive as Crosby with a savings of around $1,55M. Am I completely off?

EDIT : Would you consider a 1 for 1?
    8 Teams - Season long points only limited keeper (7F, 4D, 1G) cap league using cap hit

F: McDavid, Stutzle, Hischier, Hyman, Konecny, Raymond, Perfetti, Guentzel, Bratt, Drouin, JT Miller, Peterka, Guenther, L. Carlsson, Zary

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinxyz View Post
    As I said I'm brainstorming. Crosby has little value in my league because of age and salary. I dangled him during the off season with no one showing any interest...well one showed some slight interest but wasn't willing to pay much for him.

Most likely I'll ride him till he eventually falls off a cliff but looking at all possibilities. I feel Connor has another gear and could be as productive as Crosby with a savings of around $1,55M. Am I completely off?

EDIT : Would you consider a 1 for 1?
    I would keep crosby, worth more to you than trading him for less value than he is worth. He has some good years left and Zegras and Byfield will start producing for you as well before crosby is done.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Original idea is batshit crazy. You'd be gambling on Connor having an extra gear to save 1.5M in a cap league but giving up a prospect that may be as good as Connor to save that small amount. I understand that you may need keeper space, but then you should convert Byfeld/Zegras into future picks, and deal those picks instead of using them.

I don't love the one for one deal, as Crosby is better, if you feel that Connor is right there, go for it.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

The Great One

Some leagues are like that and they don't value ageing veterans.

That said, I wouldn't recommend trading Crosby+ a high-end prospect for Connor. If you can swing a one-for-one deal, then go for it. I still think you lose out in the short-term, but long-term that deal makes sense.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

OK thanks for talking some sense into me. I plead temporary insanity!!!

I'll hang on to Crosby and go for another championship.

Dobber Sports Deity

Ya, if Crosby doesn't have great value it's because his age starts with a "3". I'd just keep him instead of losing a trade to move him. Those generational talents will last long into their 30s and still be extremely productive.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Jedi

if your league doesn't value vets - exploit it rather than tag along. obtain 'old guys' for cheap and always compete.

last I checked at 8.7m Crosby is still a fair priced forward as he rolls along above a point per game. Lock him in for a 60+pt pace this year.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4