Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tony Deangelo...Again

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Tony Deangelo...Again

Miller might be taking his spot with Trouba, its training camp stuff, but it still prolly means less minutes this year. I would definitely see what you can get at least.
    18 Team Full Keeper Start 10F, 3D, 1 G, 1 Flex Skater, 3 ​JR

3 Points: SHO, 2 Points: G, SHG, SHA, W 1.5 Point: PPA 1 Point: A, PPG, GWG .5 Point; Star .25 Points: BLK, .1 Points: FOW, SOG, SV, .15 Points: HIT, -.05 Points: FOL, -.15 Points: GA

F:
    Johansen, JvR, Monahan, Kucherov, Tavares, Coyle, Pastrnak, Draisaitl, Rakell, Dadanov, Pacioretti, Gusev, Kaprizov, Tomasino, ​Greenway
    D: Theodore, Carlson, Josi, Valimaki, Hughes, K Miller, ​Grzelcyk
    G: Holtby, Gibson, Kahkonen

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the replies. All politics aside, I just want to get the most out of the asset. If the Rangers have had enough, and move him at some point, he may not land on such a high powered offensive team.

i plan to put out some feelers to see if anyone bites.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.
    Forwards Points Only, D Points, Hits, Blocks, Goalies Wins and Shutouts.
    Drop 10 players in the offseason for free agent draft before season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Goal: Hellebuyck, Campbell, Skinner, Murray

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Man I wish I had moved this guy while he was hot last season. Looks like he may be benched tonight.
    9 Team Dynasty Pool. 30 Players, 20 Active (12 F, 6 D, 2 G). 10 Reserves. 20 Roster moves allowed per season.

Forwards: Barzal, Forsberg, Guentzl, Buchnevic, Barkov, W. Nylander, P. Kane, Crosby, Fiala, Zibanejad, Vrana, Zuccarello, Pavelski, Tarasenko, Kreider, B. Schenn
    Defence: Fox, Sergachev, Pietrangelo, Letang, Karlsson, Hamilton, Spurgeon, Sandin, Boqvist, Matheson

Dobber Sports Rookie

DeAngelo is so bad defensively that they have no choice but to use him in an offensively sheltered role. Maybe he is benched because of the bad penalty he took but it will only be temporary imo. Rangers PP overperformed last year, so there will be changes to it when they inevitably slump. Fox (not Trouba) is next in line for that top PP spot but I still see ADA entrenched there because:
    (1) Quinn will try to maximize his value by using him in an offensive role where he excels.
    (2) cant send him to taxi squad because it will require waivers.
    (3) it will be difficult to trade him (I envision that other GMs will be hesitant because of tight salary cap, on ice defense, potential off ice politics/lockerroom issues)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Thanks for the reply. It's looking like the organization is tiring of his act, on the ice and off. He seemed to really turn the corner last year, and was rewarded with a pretty decent contract. He has very rapidly taken a step back.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/16/tony-d...ngers-shakeup/

Good article here from Larry Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by shekhu20 View Post
    DeAngelo is so bad defensively that they have no choice but to use him in an offensively sheltered role. Maybe he is benched because of the bad penalty he took but it will only be temporary imo. Rangers PP overperformed last year, so there will be changes to it when they inevitably slump. Fox (not Trouba) is next in line for that top PP spot but I still see ADA entrenched there because:
    (1) Quinn will try to maximize his value by using him in an offensive role where he excels.
    (2) cant send him to taxi squad because it will require waivers.
    (3) it will be difficult to trade him (I envision that other GMs will be hesitant because of tight salary cap, on ice defense, potential off ice politics/lockerroom issues)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Yeah, I watched the first game and NYR defensif core is really bad. Miller I can understand it was his first game. JJ looked like JJ....Bad. But Tony was awful.
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Ace

This guy is running out of strikes. Hopefully he'll smarten up, and realize that if this continues his career will be in jeopardy. Man up Tony, and concentrate your efforts on your game ... nothing else!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would move him. He’s getting paid so I believe they still dress him but off ice issues or not fox is going to take PP1 by end of season, potentially by end of month.

Dobber Sports Monster

Be careful about moving him right now. Everyone will see this drama playing out and be scared away. The time to move him is probably when you least want to do it: when he's producing big numbers on the Rangers powerplay.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by buddha71 View Post
    Man I wish I had moved this guy while he was hot last season. Looks like he may be benched tonight.
    Buy low, sell high. Hold for now. People have short memories and he will find a way to produce again at some point.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Initiate

He was soooo bad defensively vs the NYI

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Remember that this is a team that wanted to tighten up defensively and went out and got Jack Johnson. That speaks volumes to what they value on D. DeAngelo has issues in his own end, but at least he can make up for it elsewhere.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Fox did pretty well on the PP. Maybe they do the switch sooner than a lot of us thought. Maybe

Dobber Sports Veteran

De Angelo out....5-0 win....Not good....
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Initiate

I’m just glad I cut bait last Sunday . If I can get Kaprizov for him, I’d jump on it but it might be too late
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23