Thread: Covid year team strategy

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Covid year team strategy

Hi fellas,

I'm a Klingberg and Barkov owner(out of action week 1) in a weekly H2H salary cap dynasty league. We start 6F, 3D and 1G each week. Typically I have 4-5F on my bench, and 1-2 D. In our league, players get picked up throughout the year but we don't allow drops, so having cap room after the draft is nice, and essential likely this crazy year.

In leagues like this, hell, any league, how are you approaching things? Bypassing a more proven F at the draft or taking a flyer on a rookie contract for example. Flexible as possible or to hell with it, configure your team as normal and let things happen? Crystal ball scenario I know, curios how others are thinking/planning.

Cheers to a weird year!

Administrator

Default Re: Covid year team strategy

Do your best, draft the best team possible to give yourself the best odds to win. Cap space is valuable but it's valuable in any year. We will have more randomness than usual but better players will still outperform lesser ones. The game of hockey didin't change.

Don't overthink it. You can have the best team and lose through no fault of your own, like any other year.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Thanks for the reply, and fair enough. I should have been more specific......each year, there are players in our league who go undrafted and get claimed off the wire (Klingberg is a perfect example of someone I was able to pluck partway through the season and has turned into a core player for me). That said, saving some cap for those guys who are surprise breakouts/thrust into quality roles due to injury etc could be huge this year...... possibly.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Skooch22 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and fair enough. I should have been more specific......each year, there are players in our league who go undrafted and get claimed off the wire (Klingberg is a perfect example of someone I was able to pluck partway through the season and has turned into a core player for me). That said, saving some cap for those guys who are surprise breakouts/thrust into quality roles due to injury etc could be huge this year...... possibly.
    This scenario happens every year. What was the winning strategy in past years? Keep doing that. Learn from what has worked.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

I think this year rosters agreed found to be more fluid then other years. This means that roster flexibility will be more important. If your league has a farm system that can be used during the season, you will want to have a few players that can be sent up and down easily. I would also put a bit more value in multi positional players than other years.

Outside of that, draft the best team possible and try to win a championship.